DAS booked!

I'm going to practice u turns now - thanks for the advice! Best of luck.

I practiced U-Turns a lot because I found them the hardest. I used to practice them daily on way home from work. Found a quiet car park near a sports field, found the test measurements (7.5 metres) and marked out the lines. Practiced over and over. All on a 125 admittedly but I know it helped. Passed MOD 1 and U-turn was no problem in the end. I just practiced over and over.

I did the same this past two weeks with right turns, hill starts and angled starts in preparation for my MOD 2. It was so worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

So an update on this...

I passed my mod 1 on my 3rd attempt after the 2nd I failed on the u turn again. On the morning of my 3rd attempt the school I've been doing it with let me know they'd had a cancellation for a mod2 exam the next day so this meant I jumped at the opportunity to do the last piece of the puzzle so soon.

I passed mod 2 with just a few minor faults so I'm now a full licensed holder and looking forward to choosing a bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top stuff Manc :thumb: And good on you for sticking with it and nailing it in the end! You'll never have to do a U turn without putting your feet down again!

Got any bikes in mind or just seeing what's about?

I like the Street Triple and the insurance is manageable rather than eye watering like when I got quotes for a CBR600RR.

I'm debating with myself whether to get a bike just before winter though as I know I'm not going to be using it that heavily in the colder months, I'm also planning on going to Motorcycle Live and hopefully riding a few bikes there so I might wait until spring next year yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done mate.

If you want to test bikes at mc live, you'll need to get there first thing; the test slots get booked up pretty quickly. It's still worth going though just to sit on the bikes and see how they feel.

Congrats on the pass! I have my theory booked for 3rd Nov, and am hoping to get Mod 1 and Mod 2 done before Christmas with some intensive training, so that I can join the club!

Was considering going to Motorcycle Live myself - do you tend to find good deals there on clothing and helmets etc, or is it more an opportunity to look at shiny new things?

• 2 weeks later...