Module 2 - members test experiences

I haven't read all questions and answers but from what I have read...

Well I see road as 7 positions. 1,2 is on the left which I avoid (left side of the car and left side of the car wheel) position 3 is left to the centre, 4 is the centre and 5 right to the centre. 6 is their blind spot and 7 is the edge ..ready to overtake.I find myself mostly on the position 5.

The speed limit. Now... 30 and 40 zone IS the target. 50,60,70 is just an advisory :D Everyone who drive under the target is an idiot :lol:

Hey guys and gals. Passed me mod 2 today considering only took Cbt 3 months ago. Let the good times roll on wooohooo

Next mission bike. Not got a clue what I'm looking for.

Won't be saying anything that hasn't been said before. Stay calm, take deep breathes and if you've think you've cocked up carry on chances are it'll be a minor so long as you're not running into another car. The mod is nice and simple the challenge is to over come your nerves.

Good luck to all!

Mod 2: Failed

Missed an observation at a junction and apparently came close to hitting a skoda.. Worst bit is I have no memory of that.. So a very fair serious fault! :oops:

Apart from that 9 rider faults, approaching junctions too slowly, couple of control... Not great in all.

Not an excuse but rain + visor + glasses is annoying, plus steaming up constantly. Made it a bit trickier anyway.

So some more practice and a retest in January! Woohoo more money :roll: but clearly I need more road experience.

Good luck to anyone taking the test soon :)

Sorry to hear that Live but sounds like you've still got a great attitude and love for bikes so good luck for the resit :thumb:

Thanks Hoggs :)

I actually thought I'd failed joining the dual carriageway, it has a vicious short, curved slip road and I thought I might have caused someone to slow down, apparently not.

At least the fail didn't come as a surprise :lol:

Oof, unlucky. Not the end of the world though, and hopefully not too long till you get another date booked.

Was your Instructor sitting in for the debrief?

Thanks, it'll have to be January now unfortunately. But I'll get some more training in too.

No he wasn't there, but I went through it with him afterwards, he was good about it in his gruff way :)

The examiner was fine, as people have said they're not trying to catch you out.

Good luck for Thursday :thumb:

Woo hoo - Mod 2 passed this afternoon! Instructor came out in the ride too, which I found quite comforting, and was at my request when he said it was an option.

Really pleased, and celebrating at the work Christmas do tonight!

Woo hoo - Mod 2 passed this afternoon! Instructor came out in the ride too, which I found quite comforting, and was at my request when he said it was an option.

Congratulations! :cheers:

Have you decided what bike to get?

Cheers all!

Congratulations! :cheers:

Have you decided what bike to get?

No, not set on any specific bike yet. However I think CMC are one of the few places that will let newly qualified riders do test rides, so will hopefully book in something with them shortly. Probably get something after Christmas now I reckon.

No, not set on any specific bike yet. However I think CMC are one of the few places that will let newly qualified riders do test rides,

Red line ktm in loughborough weren't worried, and i think len manchester yamaha in melton if you're interested.

No, not set on any specific bike yet. However I think CMC are one of the few places that will let newly qualified riders do test rides,

Red line ktm in loughborough weren't worried, and i think len manchester yamaha in melton if you're interested.

Awesome, cheers.

• 1 month later...

After my disastrous 1st attempt just before Christmas, I retook my mod 2 yesterday.

Went ok, made 1 wrong turn but quickly got back on track.

Arrived back to the test centre expecting to hear the same thing about positioning as the first attempt.

NO passed with just the one minor for excessive speed, well chuffed.

As stated by others never give up, I was close to jacking it all in.

Nerves do play a big part, but if you can find a way to overcome them,half the battle is won.

Completed mod 1 and mod 2 with just the 1 minor.....if I don't count the disastrous 1st attempt on mod 2

Hi ppl

Just to let you all know the bad news had my first attempt at mod two today and failed got 2 minors for road positioning 2 minors for undue hesitation ( 1 at a major to minor junction and 1 for not pulling away whilst road was clear little did examiner know it was his car blocking my view as he wasn't pulled in to the curb behind the car I had pulled up in front of ) finally missed my right hand life savers on 3 major to minor turns so made 3 minors into a major and the last one was about 5-7 minutes before the end of the test and I was cursing myself as soon as I had made the turn.

To tell you all the truth my nerves was shot as only had about 5 hours sleep as brain was working over time and I kept waking up and what killed me was I had to wait outside of the test centre as one of my instructors other pupils was on his mod 2 the slot before mine and as I went in he told me he had passed so extra pressure on me then and it turned out to be that bit too much also my learner period on my insurance policy runs out tomorrow and insurance is ceased immediately so have to see if my instructor can put my burgman 400 on his training school policy now. Also I now have to wait 2 weeks to retake my test and I'm going to insist that I'm not hanging around the test centre this time

Hi ppl

Just to let you all know the bad news had my first attempt at mod two today and failed got 2 minors for road positioning 2 minors for undue hesitation ( 1 at a major to minor junction and 1 for not pulling away whilst road was clear little did examiner know it was his car blocking my view as he wasn't pulled in to the curb behind the car I had pulled up in front of ) finally missed my right hand life savers on 3 major to minor turns so made 3 minors into a major and the last one was about 5-7 minutes before the end of the test and I was cursing myself as soon as I had made the turn.

To tell you all the truth my nerves was shot as only had about 5 hours sleep as brain was working over time and I kept waking up and what killed me was I had to wait outside of the test centre as one of my instructors other pupils was on his mod 2 the slot before mine and as I went in he told me he had passed so extra pressure on me then and it turned out to be that bit too much also my learner period on my insurance policy runs out tomorrow and insurance is ceased immediately so have to see if my instructor can put my burgman 400 on his training school policy now. Also I now have to wait 2 weeks to retake my test and I'm going to insist that I'm not hanging around the test centre this time

Oh bad luck :( the pressure of the test is such a big factor, and a lack of sleep and stressful wait at the test centre compounds it.

Sounds like you know what happened though so next time you'll be fine, just throw in lots of extra lifesavers :)

I also failed my first attempt, but got a major for pulling out having not seen a skoda! Oops.