Question about derestriction

iDeLonge

There's not really much helpful information on google about this

18 Years old, riding a 125 that's derestricted giving out 33BHP

Chances of getting caught, result of being caught

Not going to be ragging it round, just hard to find a restricted version

if caught you will be done for riding with no license or insurance even if you do have it insured.

3-6 points on license, (6 points is all you're allowed on a provisional) maximum £1000 fine and possibility of being disqualified for 1/2/3 years as well.

not worth it :wink:

if caught you will be done for riding with no license or insurance even if you do have it insured.

3-6 points on license, (6 points is all you're allowed on a provisional) maximum £1000 fine and possibility of being disqualified for 1/2/3 years as well.

not worth it :wink:

Is it obvious to tell though?

If you're unlucky and get a pull from an officer on a bad day they might have your bike taken away to be dyno'd in which case you'll be screwed. They know which bikes to look for and have seen them all before, aprillia's cagiva mitos Honda nsr's etc

They also now have the power to crush nuisance bikes, I'm sure they could easily justify an illegally ridden, uninsured bike as a nuisance machine if they wanted to!! [emoji24]

Driving without insurance carries up to 6 points, driving without a licence can carry the same.

This what you're doing, riding outside the confides of your licence, and as you're doing this, your insurance wouldn't be valid.

Not only would you be banned, you'd feel it on your insurance for years.

No point. Plus it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for bikers who respect the system and don't break the rules.

Plus if you hit something, you'll be liable for all the damages. Especially if they claim off the MIb, they will take you to court to recoup the losses

I was banned 6 years ago for 6 months, accumulating points as insurance was invalidated = no insurance.

Couldn't get car insurance for less than £3k on a crap car. It won't stop after the 5 years like when they ask upon taking out a premium because what brings it down is experience and NCB - which you won't be able to prove since your insurance premium for the last few years after being banned were too high!

Would police pull you and inspect the vehicle? Probably not, but If you were found out (accident/pulled) then you would definitely regret it.

I've had my fair share of illegalities and take it from a reformed character that previously would have thought the same think you're thinking... it isn't worth it.

Current rough car quote (go compare - ford fiesta 1.4 / 2003): £2k

Not really worth mentioning bike insurance since I haven't had my bike license long enough to make a difference.

If you proceed, you do so knowing the risks and deserve the penalties should the come to you just like I did.

pretty sure it will be possible, depending on how the bike was restricted in the first place. could be something as simple as a washer in the exhaust or the carb could be restricted but most likely it will be the cdi . You would have to ask whoever you buy the bike off how it was derestricted and if they did it themselves or got a garage to do it.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you are talking about an RS125 or something similar. To "re-restrict" it you basically need to follow a derestriction guide but do the opposite, some parts may need replacing.

Riding it derestricted on a CBT? Probably only obvious if you start edging it toward a ton, so unless stupid the odds of being caught are fairly low. That said why even take the risk the implications if you do get caught would feck you around for years.

CBT/A1 just buy a cheap 4 stroke 125, do A2 at 19 and then get something faster.

I was banned 6 years ago for 6 months, accumulating points as insurance was invalidated = no insurance.

Couldn't get car insurance for less than £3k on a crap car. It won't stop after the 5 years like when they ask upon taking out a premium because what brings it down is experience and NCB - which you won't be able to prove since your insurance premium for the last few years after being banned were too high!

Would police pull you and inspect the vehicle? Probably not, but If you were found out (accident/pulled) then you would definitely regret it.

I've had my fair share of illegalities and take it from a reformed character that previously would have thought the same think you're thinking... it isn't worth it.

Current rough car quote (go compare - ford fiesta 1.4 / 2003): £2k

Not really worth mentioning bike insurance since I haven't had my bike license long enough to make a difference.

If you proceed, you do so knowing the risks and deserve the penalties should the come to you just like I did.

Well said honest & open account- from the heart- very believable- You need no further advice.