How much to fit an exhaust?

iDeLonge

freeeeeeeee. Do it yourself, its easy, just a couple of bolts and maybe a gasket or two.

If you take it to a garage, your probably talking about £40-£50 for an hours worth of labor, unless they are nice and only charge you for the half an hour it would take, rather than the full hourly rate

freeeeeeeee. Do it yourself, its easy, just a couple of bolts and maybe a gasket or two.

If you take it to a garage, your probably talking about £40-£50 for an hours worth of labor, unless they are nice and only charge you for the half an hour it would take, rather than the full hourly rate

Not much mechanical knowledge but that's quite cheap for what I thought it would be.

MOT ran out and it's not passing without an exhaust haha

Now the wait for one to pop up

Isn't many I see for sale

Not much mechanical knowledge but that's quite cheap for what I thought it would be.

MOT ran out and it's not passing without an exhaust haha

Now the wait for one to pop up

Isn't many I see for sale

Does it have an exhaust on it at the moment? If so, it may be repairable depending on whats wrong with it. if its blowing, it may be repairable for under £3.

If you want to go for a new exhaust though, the beauty of owning a 125 is that it requires no mechanical knowledge or skill to take the exhaust off. It is literally 3 (maybe four) bolts and ideally replace the gasket, which is basically a copper washer, but you could get away with not replacing it

As long as you know how to unscrew a bolt, you'll be fine (righty tighty, lefty loosey) - that's all the mechanical knowledge you need

You'll be waiting for a long time they don't come up very often, how would I know? I watched NSR parts on eBay for a good few years whilst I owned one.

As Alex said do it yourself don't waste a stupid amount of money for something that will take you 20 minutes maximum it's litterally a few nuts at the header and you need to take the exhaust hanger off that's it, then you just do the opposite to fit the new one.

Piece of pee to change an exhaust, as the lads have said. Few bolts. Only thing you need to make sure of is to not over tighten the bolts that secure it to the engine block - I inherited a bike once where someone had done that and it broke a piece of the engine casing off requiring a weld job! You'd have to be really heavy handed to do that though, so don't be put off.

If you're within 24 hours (I think?) and can get the repair done then the MOT re-test is free.

You'll be waiting for a long time they don't come up very often, how would I know? I watched NSR parts on eBay for a good few years whilst I owned one.

As Alex said do it yourself don't waste a stupid amount of money for something that will take you 20 minutes maximum it's litterally a few nuts at the header and you need to take the exhaust hanger off that's it, then you just do the opposite to fit the new one.

There's one right now for 99 so I'm hoping it stays on another week/two :(

There's one right now for 99 so I'm hoping it stays on another week/two :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSR125R ... 51c525da9f

Thinking of it

• 2 weeks later...