Xenon bulbs

Glorian

Does anybody use Xenon bulbs? I want to make myself a bit easier to see on these dark nights and rainy mornings.. A brighter light would be nice as mine are a little dim.

Any particular brand people use or just general bulbs?

xenon bulbs or true HID with ballasts??

bulbs that claim to be xenon are shit and just marketing bollox

HID with ballasts need to be in type approved headlights and not reflector headlights as you will just blind everyone

osram night breakers or the like are what people seem to opt for

Checked out osrams website. Just a little confused as i always call my bike a 600 bandit S '03 plate.

I have 2 choices:

GSF 600 S (A81111) K1-K4 57KW built 01.01 - 0.0

GSF 600 S (GN77B) T-X 57KW built 01.96 - 0.0 / U T - UY 25KW built 01.96 - 0.0

Dont think it would make MUCH difference between them as i imagine they all use the same fittings. But if anyone can spot something there that is obvious to someone whos not a fool please let me know =)

Checked out osrams website. Just a little confused as i always call my bike a 600 bandit S '03 plate.

I have 2 choices:

GSF 600 S (A81111) K1-K4 57KW built 01.01 - 0.0

GSF 600 S (GN77B) T-X 57KW built 01.96 - 0.0 / U T - UY 25KW built 01.96 - 0.0

Dont think it would make MUCH difference between them as i imagine they all use the same fittings. But if anyone can spot something there that is obvious to someone whos not a fool please let me know =)

from memory of owning a bandit, I believe K1-K4 means it was made between 2001 and 2004, so that's what you want.

The T-X I believe is T reg to X reg. X reg is 2000, not sure about T reg though, but your's isnt that old, so not to worry.

you really dont get this halfords card thing do you :lol: :lol:

I just picked up 4 bulbs for something they where supposed to be 6 quid I paid £3 this was expensive :shock: the last set of bulbs I got they was supposed to be £5 I paid 86p :lol:

you get great savings on bulbs at halfords :wink:

My local halfords had a poor selection unfortunately i checked them out on saturday while getting a socket set (Saved £25 on it :D) They only had a few types of bulbs and all of them halfords own brand.

• 11 months later...

Hello! I didn't want to start a whole new thread for what is possibly a really stupid question and is linked to the above...

One of my headlights has gone, I see Osram are recommended above so did a search on their website for the ones I need and it came back with 64193 (normal) or 64193NR5 (Night Racer 50).

Now these night racers are twice as much on amazon as the Nightbreakers (64193NBU-HCB) but the racers blurb is all bike related with "vibration resistant technology". So the question is: is that a real thing I should get or are the breakers which have a car related blurb ok?