Aftermarket exhaust ?

jamesd1981

I got a delkavic literally last week for my gsf 600. I know it said non road legal but it included a baffle so I thought how loud can it be...... I wasn't prepared for the increase. Sounds f ING awesome when opening up on the faster roads. But I feel like a hooligan around my home area. Cheap good looking cans and fast delivery. But yeah no u tube video can prepare for the Db increase. As for performance. I had clutch issues and now it's snowing so I cannot answer that one.

I got a delkavic literally last week for my gsf 600. I know it said non road legal but it included a baffle so I thought how loud can it be...... I wasn't prepared for the increase. Sounds f ING awesome when opening up on the faster roads. But I feel like a hooligan around my home area. Cheap good looking cans and fast delivery. But yeah no u tube video can prepare for the Db increase. As for performance. I had clutch issues and now it's snowing so I cannot answer that one.

unfortunately though, that won't pass an MOT. Anything with "not road legal" written on it is, well, not road legal... Also, if the police spot it, they won't be happy. I think its a rather large fine and I believe police in wales are hot on that sort of thing, or at least used to be, so don't take a biking holiday there

Other companies include

Two brothers

SP exhausts (had one on the bandit, it was awesome

akrapovic (I have one on this bike, mainly for the looks, but sounds decent too

yoshimura

Toce - an american company, but if you are after loud, I think these are pretty much straight through pipes, with an added baffle if you want one. They are meant to replicate the sound thunder from the reviews Ive heard

Any of the above and you cant go wrong

I have a titanium scorpion system and its deffo not for road use but doesnt have anything stamped on it. My last bike had an akra which was stamped but someone had buffed it so faint you could barely read it if you had the right light. I wouldnt worry about the fuzz unless your drawing attention to yourself. In answer to first question is if you spend the money you will get the gains, a cheap slip on may change the sound but thats about it unless your unlucky and it sapps a few ponies.

I have found a few to choose from, which one do you all think would be best.

Sportsbike shop - http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... rod/180979

Sp engineering who make the exhausts by hand and have a bigger range to choose from - http://www.spengineering.co.uk/product- ... haust.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Just thought I would post a couple of photos of the exhaust I went for.

It is carbon fibre made by SP Engineering and has a 1 screw removable baffle.

Was a great price, delivered quickly, looks very nice and feels high quality.

Was easy to fit and comes with new hanging bracket, only thing it didn`t come with was a gasket.

Would recommend SP Engineering to anyone very good company.

CameraZOOM-1.thumb.jpg.c9fd2d95e464a1c2486164d53549d180.jpgCameraZOOM-2.thumb.jpg.3bb026f8d2dab5696beb25264f6e961b.jpgCameraZOOM-3.thumb.jpg.31c28646a9d693f0ac77c89238685f71.jpg