Tyre pressures

GT250

Once a week, every monday for example.

Can say that I've learnt the air provided in machines at petrol stations are far from accurate but do the job :lol:

When I first got my bike I wasn't aware of topping up tires, going to work one morning and it felt like I was sitting on the floor and bad handling, took the plunge and was on 18 PSI.. learnt my lesson from there.

Bloody often! Forever adjusting them to allow for shedloads of camping gear or a pillion or both of the above. Plus I have those handy little valve caps that change colour as the pressure drops so I get a bit anal about it :lol:

So glad this post exists! it's the one thing i have completely forgotten about :( Checked them last night and the back tyre was on 11psi :(

all filled up and the difference is amazing!!! :mrgreen:

Once every couple of weeks or before a long trip, I only take her out usually a few times a week at most. I have a oxford digital tyre pressure gauge for quick checks and a Michelin programmable tyre inflator for pumping them up which only takes a few mins.

I really do need to sort my chain out though, I don't have a stand for it currently which is awkward for cleaning and lubing and over winter it's gotten a bit rusty :(

Once every couple of weeks or before a long trip, I only take her out usually a few times a week at most. I have a oxford digital tyre pressure gauge for quick checks and a Michelin programmable tyre inflator for pumping them up which only takes a few mins.

I really do need to sort my chain out though, I don't have a stand for it currently which is awkward for cleaning and lubing and over winter it's gotten a bit rusty :(

It is annoying without a stand, however you can clean a section at a time, roll it forward do the next section etc.

I know they cost a bit but an abba stand works brilliantly much more stable than a normal paddock stand and easier to use on your own :thumb:

It is annoying without a stand, however you can clean a section at a time, roll it forward do the next section etc.

I know they cost a bit but an abba stand works brilliantly much more stable than a normal paddock stand and easier to use on your own :thumb:

Yeah, funny you should say as that's actually what I'm trying to save up for as I will need to do it on my own and I wouldn't trust myself trying to hold the bike upright whilst putting a rear paddock stand under.