aftermarket exhaust cans help

jimfish42

ok all i have a triumph daytona 1200 ,, now i bought some lovely not for road use load carbon can company cans (came of an xjr1300 these do not fit due to diameter of the joining ,, as i dont want to bodge i need a stainless pipe going from my down pipes to new cans each end would be a different diameter ,, i live in devon ,, can anyone rcomend anyone and also will i need to rejet ,, many thanks ,, i dont beleive in quiet bikes and mine is ,,, these carbon can cans i got for a steal so would like to use them if poss ,,, safe riding all jim

most car exhaust places will be able to make you up a link pipe with correct diameter each end then its up to you to either chrome or polish it,some will have proper swagging tools to expand the pipe others will need to weld collars on so prices may vary

Don't bother with mild steel pipe and chroming. The mild steel will rot and the chrome will be too expensive. But 304 stainless. Loads of companies on ebay will supply adaptors or will make exactly what you want.

Don't bother with mild steel pipe and chroming. The mild steel will rot and the chrome will be too expensive. But 304 stainless. Loads of companies on ebay will supply adaptors or will make exactly what you want.

+1. Do this - it's quick, easy and cheap.

You won't do much for your performance by using different diameter pipes and adapters though.

most car exhaust places will be able to make you up a link pipe with correct diameter each end then its up to you to either chrome or polish it,some will have proper swagging tools to expand the pipe others will need to weld collars on so prices may vary
brilliant thanks that what i shall do ,, i already have a large to small diameter conversion kit :D

excellent thanks , i do have a conversion kit i bought niow just need to find the pipe ,, i will look into that 304 stainless ,, guessing i will need to rejet