Recommend me a fuel filter.

Westbeef

Can anyone recommend me an in-line fuel filter please?

Having looked at this guys blog below, he recommends about 40-50mm overall length, I'm also trying to find a fully metal one and I'm struggling.

https://cbf125rider.wordpress.com/2011/08/06/in-line-fuel-filter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can anyone recommend me anything please? I've seen for a few for £1-£2 but I'm worried they wont be doing anything.

That hasn't happened to the one in my garage in 19,000 miles of use as far as I can tell. And it shouldn't happen to yours either with the fuel quality as it is in the U.K.

If you use the bike regularly I can't see it happening to you, especially if you treat it to some STP fuel cleaner every now and again to dislodge carbon build up in the engine.

Fair enough but for the sake of a few quid I don't really mind, if it was a big expensive job I'd think twice but for a 10 minute job I'm happy to stick one in. I'm also skeptical how much the fuel cleaners actually do.

Or drop a PM.

I recently had the engine out and dismantled down to the gearbox to inspect for wear. The top end was toast from overheating, the crank survived as it had the best oil flow, but the clutch basket damper springs seem to have failed as the entire clutch rattles when the engine is warm. Just waiting on the last few bits to finish it and give it a test.

And yeah... Oil. It only needs a litre, don't cut costs with cheap car oil. Halfords 10W40 part synthetic oil is good and cheap.

And yeah... Oil. It only needs a litre, don't cut costs with cheap car oil. Halfords 10W40 part synthetic oil is good and cheap.

You really need to get a grip over this :roll:

I use redex (just onnnnnnnneeeee shot) every fill up and it appears to have fixed my backfire issue so must be doing something :lol: :lol:

eating fewer beans helps that problem as well....................................oops you meant the bike back firing :mrgreen:

I use redex (just onnnnnnnneeeee shot) every fill up and it appears to have fixed my backfire issue so must be doing something :lol: :lol:

eating fewer beans helps that problem as well....................................oops you meant the bike back firing :mrgreen:

Beans! Beans! The musical fruit! The more you eat the more you toot!

:offtopic:

You really need to get a grip over this :roll:

I take it you're not a fan of this oil?

Foz I'll defo give you a PM if I run into any trouble with it as you seem to know them inside out! It's running well at the minute and just want to keep it that way :D.

Looks like I'll have to settle for a plastic one as the metal are all too big. Thanks JRH, I'll be getting one off there :thumb:

Beans! Beans! The musical fruit! The more you eat the more you toot!

:offtopic:

The more you toot, the better you feel.

So, eat baked beans at every meal.

Or:

Beans, Beans, they're good for the heart.

The more you eat, the more you fart.

The more you fart, the better you feel,

So eat your beans at every meal!

:offtopic: :offtopic: