Little crack on engine (CBR125)

surda

Hi guys,

so today, I wanted to take off the exhaust. As I failed, because it wouldn't come off, I wanted to put the screws back in place. As I tighten

one of the screws, a little crack appeared (see attached photo). Should I be worried about it? What can I do to repair it?

I would like to exchange the downpipe for a new one, but I am scared now, that whatever I do to it, its gonna make it even worse.

Thanks for all responses :P

1729997432_IMG_9892(1).jpg.9026e0aeb8321c40e25e8006e13d1a00.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much but its probably best to leave the downpipe on now before it gets messed up any further :lol:

I would buy some hi temp metal expoxy and try and fill the crack with that. Or take it to a garage for a weld if you are really concerned

Done many a repair to engine cases and sections and all have been successful with JB weld. This is the best you'll get as it maintains a heat threshold well above what others can offer and also is one of the strongest as well at nearly 4000psi when fully cured.

Mix it up, put it on when cold and leave it for 24hrs. Sand down after that if you wish.

A quick tig weld and helicoil it, fairly straight forward for any tigwelder

Cast allu isn't the easiest to work on and anyone in their right mind would want the engine completely drained and dismounted from the bike before working on it...

Go with the JB weld.

A quick tig weld and helicoil it, fairly straight forward for any tigwelder

Cast allu isn't the easiest to work on and anyone in their right mind would want the engine completely drained and dismounted from the bike before working on it...

Go with the JB weld.

Diecast alloy is the sh!te stuff

• 3 weeks later...