2011 ybr 125 yamaha - kickstarter not aligned

Guest mikebikeboy

hey everyone, i'm new here so hello!

wondering if anyone knows how to get the kickstarter back to factory setting. i wanted to clean the oilfilter which entails removing the right crankcase cover. when i did that and put it back on, not when i start the bike the kickstarter gear is rubbing some other gears inside the engine on idle. also the kickstarter is about 10 degrees more to clockwise at it's default position. it still works, has compression, but now there's bad engine noise

not sure how to fix. anyone have this problem before?

thanks

mikebikeboy

are you sure you havent dropped a washer out when tilting casing about as normally the kick start gear wouldnt normally move and the kick start being in wrong place could just mean you didnt reposition it in same place it was in before

The manual says do it after 1000 km.

At any rate, it's under guarantee so the shop is fixing it for free. I didn't want to meddle with it any more.

Thanks for your inputs!

• 2 weeks later...

How does your ybr has a kick starter? I recently bought 2010 year ybr, and i was so excited i didn't notice that it has no kick starter. I can only see it in 2009 and below models pictures on yamaha website. 2011 and 2010 don't have it :/ Can you attach it additionaly?