PROJECT Kawasaki ER5 500cc Arrived home safely

Few days till MOT little bit nervous and bit excited. alot of work went into bringing back from the dead.

well today a friend of mine who i have known for many years. who is a danger hazard to the other road users. who has countless accident's rang me to explain his Honda hornet failed its Pretest MOT, VIA MAIN DEALER...

he wrung to find out how much for the er500... i said i would consider taking the 600 as part ex as long as there cash my way.. so maybe next project after the er500 might be a hornet 600. Bumble bee. i told him about the front tyre but he is not too fussed, i said £1200 or near offer looking to at least get £1000 for the bike is this too much for the bike or not ? full history 2 keys low miles...

but what should i accept if i take the Hornet as PX ? i am going to do it up and resell it back on. OR sell it straight on ?

(waiting the long list of bad bits first before i say yes or no)

Ebay was no help... prices all over place (tried to stay just with the bidded auctions)

depends on condition mileage what it needs for the mot after all it could be £20 or it could be £250 to get it through the mot and same goes for resale value depends what new on it mileage and such like ive seen tatty ones go for 750 and mint ones for 2 grand so impossible to guess a price

depends on condition mileage what it needs for the mot after all it could be £20 or it could be £250 to get it through the mot and same goes for resale value depends what new on it mileage and such like ive seen tatty ones go for 750 and mint ones for 2 grand so impossible to guess a price

Just been to view the bike, its in a sorry state he has sorted some of parts out, there are few things i could do my self, head stock bearing welding etc but after time and money i am not sure if its worth me bothering, i said ill him know what happens tomorrow aftet the MOT!

I had left the bike for over a week now untouched started straight away :) happy days i did a finaly check. Rode it up and down the cul de sacs, stopped and started as it should no problems!

Nerves kicking in i can see couple minor things for MOT front disc and tyre not yet fitted the chain set, i was advised to leave it until after the MOT

I will update you all tomorrow 16.30pm is MOT time!!

• 5 months later...
Lmfao woops i missed a word or two there a cafe racer er5 ? Haha

Cafe racer ER5? I estimate there are 7 squillion in the world as we speak.

Has anyone stuck a massive great turbo on an ER5? Now THAT'S the question you should be asking!. :-D

Lmfao woops i missed a word or two there a cafe racer er5 ? Haha

Cafe racer ER5? I estimate there are 7 squillion in the world as we speak.

Has anyone stuck a massive great turbo on an ER5? Now THAT'S the question you should be asking!. :-D

Shouldn't give me ideas like that we just finished building a mad monkey bike (cbr125) with a turbo

Anything is possible... I would

Like to something more with the bike, we did discuss a monkey build but the bikes not that interesting go begin with lol

Is that an electric turbo?

Yes lol haha works alright not a good metal one but still. Pretty awesome i left my friend to the paint work, he wanted it to be bright and shout out look at me haha.

Loud exhausts

Bright and fun

It will be mobile at someone just chasing dvla at the mo.