Some might call me a dick

Unseen28

Limehouse link has speed camera's. But don't know if they can capture a bike? Last time went through there was two years ago driving a coach. If the camera's are positioned to capture the rear number plate, then yes, could get a ticket? I'v seen some average speed camera's now turned to record rear number plates. Perhaps to catch bikers?

Sssssh!

They haven't realised this on the A2 yet :D

The no brakes game is a fun one! I also like the not-putting-your-feet-down-at-junctions-or-lights game :lol:

Haha you get to the lights and you're like "come on, come on, come on, f**king lights, channnngeeeeee"

Limehouse has three cameras both ways, one at each entrance and one in the middle where you either join from canary wharf way or turn off for the canary wharf roundabout :), They aren't that up to date though, filtering seems to throw them off.

Don't talk about the A2 you can fly down there easy on a bike, especially since all the normal cameras are down with the roadworks that seem to have been going on for a year now. See so many bikes rip through the A2 haha.

Westbeef, we've all established i'm a dickhead here haha, don't be in a rush to throw it through traffic. I got my overconfidence from following bikers (which ironically i'd still say is a good way to learn) I used to be hesitant at many filter opportunities but seeing a bigger bike get through gives me the incentive to follow suit. That and I usually like the bike for work because it means I get an extra half hour lie in, and my boss doesn't have a tracker on my bike. Come out for a ride one day if you are near london :)

I want to add.....

Try this...... Do a journey (maybe not a commute through central london) and try not to touch your brakes, this will teach you approach speed, judgment and forward planning

Having alot of fun. Its as difficult as I thought it would be but i'm getting there. Going to try this for a few hours every week to get myself more relyant on foresight and observation than relying on a brake system that wont be the same whatever bike I have from here till the last day. Il make sure to gopro it next time so we can all have a laugh

I want to add.....

Try this...... Do a journey (maybe not a commute through central london) and try not to touch your brakes, this will teach you approach speed, judgment and forward planning

Having alot of fun. Its as difficult as I thought it would be but i'm getting there. Going to try this for a few hours every week to get myself more relyant on foresight and observation than relying on a brake system that wont be the same whatever bike I have from here till the last day. Il make sure to gopro it next time so we can all have a laugh

Good lad, it all gets easier the further you look ahead and pre empt what the other road users are going to do, mind reading is a valuable skill out there lol

Unseen, I am impressed you're taking all of this on board and working on improving your riding and foreplanning. :thumb: We don't want to see you smeared across the road, so remember there's a time and place for a bit of light hooning

Unseen, I am impressed you're taking all of this on board and working on improving your riding and foreplanning. :thumb: We don't want to see you smeared across the road, so remember there's a time and place for a bit of light hooning

What about heavy hooning?

But I know no one would heavy hoon on the roads, that's for track only right :wink:

But I know no one would heavy hoon on the roads, that's for track only right :wink:

Yeah why not :mrgreen:

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/04/82/22/4822287_d86baa52.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is I didn't really know what to expect but I felt I should post it as the most direct way to introduce myself around here. I can't sit and give it to people not only 10x the experience I have or 10x the power in their bike, but most of all we are all on the same team, and I love the community. Glad i've done it and acknowledged what people are telling me, i'm heading out with a few older harley riders (my friends mum lol!) to mayday and a ton of rallies over this year and next and looking forward to learning a lot.

Will do my best to give the uk bikers a faithful image and not get smeared :D

Thanks everyone :mrgreen:

You're a dick... Moving on...

What camera is that?

Go pro hero 1, great on 60fps at 720p, awful at 30fps at 1080p. Love them but it's a bit bulky, camera for £100, memory for about £25 and a mounting kit for about £10

• 2 months later...

You are not a dick. You are an irresponsible ,ignorant young fool. This is not what biking is about. You and your kind do not belong in the biking community. I hope you live long enough to grow up before you bring pain and grief upon your family. You have no riding skills just arrogance. You are getting away with this stupidity because other road users are making allowances for you. Stop it ,stop it now!

Unseen28.... Are you still alive?

Don't joke I have been on a forum when that happened.

An accident hit headline news.

All the evidence was there but was a couple of years later when due to some coincidence they worked out the guy who died had been a forumite...

It cast quite a cloud...

:tumble:

You do realise that a "Readers ride" is referring to your BIKE itself and NOT a piece of riding however horrible.

Not if you read what the section is for :wink:

Readers rides

Please post your motorbike pictures and videos in here

Yeah,videos OF motorcycles not go pro films of horrible riding. Youtube is crammed with vids from go pros and dash cams of either bad driving,endless pieces of road or numptys crashing into things. I'm interested in motorcycles not feats of stupidity.