Off to Germany on 2nd May.

rob m

Booked the eurotunnel and an apartment in Adenau for 4 nights. Staying in the Eifel region of Germany for 5 days. It's my favourite riding area with so much to offer but also I'm using the time to chill out and take things nice and steady. I'm sure the K1200S will love it.

If anybody is interested I can update this thread as a kind of blog, I like to take lots of pictures :D

Cheers

Rob

Updates and photos be good, I want to go back to where I used to live in Germany one day on my bike. I always remember watching the bikes ride in along the river Rhine into Cochem. Probs what got me first hooked on bikes, enjoy your trip.

Scouting tour for later this year? :lol:

He does these things just to irritate. as a tease.. Im surprised he didnt add a :up: to the title!!

Im sure he'll have a great time.. and I've gone right off him. :lol:

Obviously no jealousy here. None !! The fact that I fell to the floor and began foaming at the mouth when I read the title of this thread is completely unrelated and coincidental.

Scouting tour for later this year? :lol:

He does these things just to irritate. as a tease.. Im surprised he didnt add a :up: to the title!!

Im sure he'll have a great time.. and I've gone right off him. :lol:

Obviously no jealousy here. None !! The fact that I fell to the floor and began foaming at the mouth when I read the title of this thread is completely unrelated and coincidental.

:up:

Only joking. As you well know it's a cheap week away and I've got plenty of annual leave so why not!

Have a good trip Rob. Staying in Adenau huh, posh git! :up: Talk about waking up with temptation on your doorstep each morning.

Ride safe and have a great time. Hope the weather is kind for ya. :cheers:

Oh and pictures or it didn't happen :popcorn:

Have a good trip Rob. Staying in Adenau huh, posh git! :up: Talk about waking up with temptation on your doorstep each morning.

Ride safe and have a great time. Hope the weather is kind for ya. :cheers:

Oh and pictures or it didn't happen :popcorn:

Thanks mate, I won't be on the 'ring much...maybe once. Oh, and the place is cheap. I'll buy my food from the local

Supermarkt.

Just a brief pause from rolling and foaming...

next week the green hell is open Wednesday from 5:30 and all day Thurs, Fri and Sat. all day = from 8am to 7:30

first thing and you're less likely to be disappointed because some plonker in a Lamborghini Gallardo bit off more than he could chew. and closed the track.

it might even be reasonably quiet(ish)

Just a brief pause from rolling and foaming...

next week the green hell is open Wednesday from 5:30 and all day Thurs, Fri and Sat. all day = from 8am to 7:30

first thing and you're less likely to be disappointed because some plonker in a Lamborghini Gallardo bit off more than he could chew. and closed the track.

it might even be reasonably quiet(ish)

You would hope so during the week. Thursday looks good weather wise :D

All the best, rob!

Cheers!

After some deep thought I have decided to go back to the Schloss in Neuerburg. Why? It's cheap and I get half board for the same price for what I was paying for the apartment. I know what to expect too. This will be my 4th time staying there. Due to Booking.com's free cancellation policy it was pain free sorting it out. Herbert at the Schloss replied within minutes as usual. Only thing is they can only accommmodate me for 3 nights. So I've decided to make an early start on Thursday, ride down to the Black Forest, stay over and spend a long day riding back through the Vosges and through France. Just waiting to hear back from Pension Williams in Seebach to see if they have a room.

All the best, rob!

Cheers!

After some deep thought I have decided to go back to the Schloss in Neuerburg. Why? It's cheap and I get half board for the same price for what I was paying for the apartment. I know what to expect too. This will be my 4th time staying there. Due to Booking.com's free cancellation policy it was pain free sorting it out. Herbert at the Schloss replied within minutes as usual. Only thing is they can only accommmodate me for 3 nights. So I've decided to make an early start on Thursday, ride down to the Black Forest, stay over and spend a long day riding back through the Vosges and through France. Just waiting to hear back from Pension Williams in Seebach to see if they have a room.

I know you weren't there with us, But the B500 is just an amazing place to spend time! The guys at PW are also very hospitable! :D

Had a message earlier.. he's arrived safe and sound.. a wet start this morning but the suns out and its drying up, so after stuffing his face on a Schloss breakfast he's heading east into the Vulkaneifel.

did I mention how much I hate him. :lol:

Had a message earlier.. he's arrived safe and sound.. a wet start this morning but the suns out and its drying up, so after stuffing his face on a Schloss breakfast he's heading east into the Vulkaneifel.

did I mention how much I hate him. :lol:

:up:

Hasn't gone to plan so far. I've been playing 'chase the sun' but got caught out a few times in some rain showers. Even got pelted by hailstones at one point...which was nice. Currently sat in a cafe in Gerolstein looking out at the sky and contemplating my next move. The K12 is performing brilliantly by the way!

Yesterday was a bit changeable:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/cruxiform/ACA2A610-4ED0-4460-B88D-37B77C091972_1.jpg

Today got off to a cold start:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/cruxiform/9390455C-183F-4108-8E26-3007E4A3BD54.jpg

But now it's warming up and looking to be a very nice day!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/cruxiform/4E1A4F86-7656-4408-A195-ACC5C8F0347C.jpg

Morning!

On behalf of those of us who are stuck at a desk looking at the glorious sunshine outside..... :up:

Ride safe matey and get some more pics up, it's a bit :tumble: on that front so far!

:cheers:

(Oh and when you get back tell me how you got on with those dinky panniers the K's have!)

Have to call him out.. that last photo wasn't taken in Germany. :lol:

Thats in Luxembourg... and very nice it is too. really spectacular as you come down the CR 322 and suddenly that Castle appears. First time we went - I nearly fell off the bike when I caught sight of it.