Kurviger - a motorcycle route planner

kurviger

Hi,

my name is Robin, a passionate motorcyclist from Germany. I hope it's ok to post something like this.

I am running a motorcycle route planner that creates routes that are fun to ride with a motorcycle (curves and preferably no cities ;)) and additionally a round trip feature. You only need to pass a starting point, an approximate distance, and optionally a direction and you will be presented with a nice route. With every click you will be presented a new route.

Currently, Kurviger is optimized for Germany, but since I recently translated it to English, I am highly interested about the quality of the calculated routes in your home area.

https://kurviger.de/en

Let me know what you think and ride safe,

Robin

Btw: If you find translation issues, let know as well. I hope it's not too bad.

Hey Robin,

For the best chance of feedback and further reviews by forum members, pop over to the newbie section and throw up a welcome thread! :D

In the past we've had other similar products appear and it's the lack of continued contact from the developer that stops people wanting to look into it.

Hope to see you around on the forum and will try this out at some point :thumb:

Nice little route planner you've got there! Translations seem fine. Will definitely use this!

PS. Android app would be awesome.

Thanks for testing and your feedback. Yes, an Android App would be sweet ;). Hopefully, we will see something like this in the future :thumb:.

Hey Robin,

For the best chance of feedback and further reviews by forum members, pop over to the newbie section and throw up a welcome thread! :D

In the past we've had other similar products appear and it's the lack of continued contact from the developer that stops people wanting to look into it.

Hope to see you around on the forum and will try this out at some point :thumb:

Thanks for the hint, I will open a welcome thread in the newbie section.

Best,

Robin

Had a look at the trip generator. Seems ok on first glance. There were a few places howevere where you went so far up a road then turned round and came back. Also one route included a couple of laps roun a traffic island, but these could be easily ignored.

Apart from that looks good.

Looks good. Might give this a try :) Can export to satnav it seems so will see how the garmin accepts it and will give some feedback.

Thanks :) Yes Garmin should work out of the box. If you export the route, additional waypoints will be "gray waypoints". Importing into BaseCamp should work as well.

Had a look at the trip generator. Seems ok on first glance. There were a few places howevere where you went so far up a road then turned round and came back. Also one route included a couple of laps roun a traffic island, but these could be easily ignored.

Apart from that looks good.

Thanks for the feedback. The round trip generation has these known issues, unfortunately. The idea of round trips was actually to provide you with a reasonable good idea for a route. Typically you want to improve the round trip at one or two points anyway (at least I do that most of the time). But still, it's a bug and will be resolved hopefully :thumb:.

A couple of laps, around a traffic island :shock:. I have never seen that happen before. Do you remember the traffic island and could send me the coordinates or a link?

Best,

Robin

I've tried this out on a few routes I know reasonably and it is totally genious - it pointed me at some roads that I know a great fun to ride. So first impressions are really positive. I'll certainly be trying it out for real when I next look to plan a route somewhere.

Cheers :thumb:

Looks good. Might give this a try :) Can export to satnav it seems so will see how the garmin accepts it and will give some feedback.

Already tried it :mrgreen:

Its not too bad routing is not the same but near enough

Its not too bad routing is not the same but near enough

Nice! If you want it to be exactly the same you should use either the track or preferably BaseCamp. BaseCamp can import Tracks and create a route from that track that should result in exactly the same result than the track (I am no BaseCamp user, I heard it's possible with the instructions provided in the export dialog on Kurviger) .

I've tried this out on a few routes I know reasonably and it is totally genious - it pointed me at some roads that I know a great fun to ride. So first impressions are really positive. I'll certainly be trying it out for real when I next look to plan a route somewhere.

Cheers :thumb:

Nice, thanks. Sounds like it would work in the UK as well :).

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I've had the pleasure of testing your route planner round the region of Wasserburg am Inn, Bavaria, and I must say it did surprisingly well :cheers:

Great work and I've already advertised on a number of different motorbike forums.

Keep up the good work and many thanks!

Hi there,

I've had the pleasure of testing your route planner round the region of Wasserburg am Inn, Bavaria, and I must say it did surprisingly well :cheers:

Great work and I've already advertised on a number of different motorbike forums.

Keep up the good work and many thanks!

Thanks for the kind words :) Doing my best :cheers:

Cheers,

Robin

• 6 months later...

Hi fellow motorcyclists,

I thought I give you an update about Kurviger. Kurviger is now available as Android app. There is a free and a pro version. The free version offers you all the features you already know and love about Kurviger. The pro version adds additional features, like turn-by-turn navigation, offline maps, longer roundtrips, and a couple of other nice features.

If you are on iOS, you can use the Scenic app, which provides you the Kurviger routing algorithm integrated into the app.

There are also a couple of other updates on the website, like avoid main roads, avoid toll roads, avoid unpaved routes, and a couple of others ;).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kurviger: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kurviger.app

Kurviger Website: https://kurviger.de/en

Scenic App: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1089668246

Cheers,

Robin

Edited by kurviger
App url changed