AJS ECO

SebaManiac

Hi Bikers

I would like to review my motorbike which is AJS ECO E2 Js-125

These is my first bike, I had a lot of choice like YBR-125, SYM XS125, Piaggio x9 or Phantom 125. I haven't chosen ybr125 because it was too expensive for me, Sym has bad seat and I decide to not buy a scooter because I want to do full licence for manual. So my choice becomes AJS ECO, my first impressions hasn't been positive because of how its look like and it is Chinese, however I decided to buy it. On my first ride from dealer to home was 60km and that was the first time on manual motorbike but after few engine stalls I learn how to handle this beast. When I bought it 4 months ago it was second hand and was 4000km on the clock at the moment there is 15000km on the clock and I can say straight away that whose bike is much better than any YBR125 or SYM XS125. This bike can be used as a commuter but also as a short range Tourer, because my hobby is to ride a bike at night and on farm roads : lol: I already tried to ride for a long time and successfully done 980 km in one go.

Good Points:

-No maintenance needed except oil, tyres and brakes.

-Stock can go maximum 60mph but after changing sprockets, tuning carb and changing valve clearance my bike is going maximum 89mph GPs checked.

-Best rider and bike protection if fell down, I fell down once during the ride and have been knocked off the car on parking and no scratches or injuries at all except mirror and crash bar.

-Extremely economical, in town 30-40mph 2l/100km and at 70mph 3-4l/100km

-Nice acceleration for 125 same fast as YZF125

-YBR125 engine and all parts can be fitted so good quality, easy and cheap parts.

-All other parts can be bought from Ajs website very cheap and with fast delivery.

-Beautiful exhaust sound nice and deep and at the 9krpm sport bike sound BEAUTIFUL screams.

-After 15000km Never broke down

-No oil burning

Bad Points:

-Head Light is not good enough so think about HID conversion

-Brakes are not good enough if compared with XS125 or YBR.

Advice:

-Use 10w-40 oil not 10w-30 it will give much better protection and lower engine temperature.

-Fit good tyre straight away like Pirelli because the bike needs better grip.

-Use bike at higher RPM because this gearbox doesn't like low RPM

Would you get another?

The answer is easy YES!!!

At the end I will say that don't worry about reviews or opinions and buy this bike :D Insurance is 40 pounds cheaper than YBR.

Sorry about my English but I'm learning. If got any questions comment :D

RIDE SAFE BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this post was made over 2 years ago. But I've just come across it.

Ive recently bought an ajs js 125. I was just wondering if you'd be able to talk me through the process of making the bike quicker? I have to drive on a motorway to work and 60mph doesn't quite cut it with the journey but I enjoy the bike and don't want to part with it.

Thanks.

Ben.

Ive recently bought an ajs js 125. I was just wondering if you'd be able to talk me through the process of making the bike quicker? I have to drive on a motorway to work and 60mph doesn't quite cut it with the journey but I enjoy the bike and don't want to part with it.

Thanks.

Ben.

sell it and get a bigger bike!

Thanks.

Ben.

Original poster is still on his way back from Aberdeen.

Strip all excess weight, use only enough fuel for journey, fit front cowl for aerodynamics, buy some lycra to make you streamline and go on a diet to shed some weight.

That might get you another 10mph if your in a tuck

• 1 year later...