Brampton, 31st May 08

nman1

Right folks final details.

Saturday 31st May 08. Ride out to Hunstanton

Meet at the car park adjacent my flat. Post Code PE28 4TQ

at 11.00am

if you want a bacon butty be there earlier.

Sunday 1st June 08. Ride down to the Ace Cafe

Meet at car park adjacent my flat, (Same post code obviously)

at 10.30 to 11.00ish am

The map to my place

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... ea8cf1f80a

Any problems ring me on my number which I`ll post in my personal profile.

Looking forward to it peeps, see you all Saturday

Thanks Ian for the map.

List so far

Saturday

Chris, Rach, Neil, Ian, Dave, Roy, Dave (on route) Sam, princess125, Al

Sunday

Chris, Rach, Neil, Ian, Dave, Roy, Phil, Co-co, maiden, Jota, Golach808, Srad, Sam, Mark, princess125, Al

Any more ???????

Right peeps, I finish work today at 12.00noon so I can`t get on the forum after that. I`ve left my home number in my profile so any problems ring it or get in touch with Roy (Roy knows plans and directions etc as well as me). Looking forward to meeting you all, cheers

Neil

Edited by nman1

Akey, have you ever done that hill up to your place on a push bike???? :?

Bloody riding school I learnt with made me do a hill start on that hill on my CBT!!! Nailed it............ 3rd time :lol: :lol:

I should be up for this!! Sounds like a laugh!!

Akey, being in the RAF you must know Brampton. Big base here.

Would be a hell of a long way for you chicane. But we all know the old 650SA can make it no probs. :wink:

Nman, yea I know brampton :D although never actually been there.

As for the hill in matlock - no I have never cycled up it its bad enough walking up the thing :oops:

Akey, being in the RAF you must know Brampton. Big base here.

Would be a hell of a long way for you chicane. But we all know the old 650SA can make it no probs. :wink:

would be 2up so might use the Pan and ride herd on the newbies and 125s with Coco

Bandit is way more fun tho :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Right Lads and Lasses, I have said I will be doing both days and will be staying in the area overnight. I will be finding some B&B / travelodge or something near to the area. Once I have found a few I will post it up if anyone wants to do the same.

nman1, cheers for the offer of the floor, but I am what I suppose you would call a fussy sleeper. Need a room and bathroom to myself and a good bed to sleep in.

Plus I snore louder than a 747 taking off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me n debs could well be up for this if the dates are right......need to plan around my shifts.............korbens idea of a b&b sounds good tho cos would love to go to the ace cafe........heard loads about it

Me n debs could well be up for this if the dates are right......need to plan around my shifts.............korbens idea of a b&b sounds good tho cos would love to go to the ace cafe........heard loads about it

Ahhh bugger. That means I actually have to look for things now!! :D :D

Going to look for a little B&B type place where hopefully they will be able to shove 3 bikes in the garage for the night. :D

Good response so far. The water near me is Grafham Water, an AW reservoir. There is a travel lodge just on the outskirts of Brampton on the A1 / A14 junction. I`ll check the events page of the Ace to see if there is something booked for a particular Sunday and posr up two or three dates.

Offers still open for one spare bed and the floor.

Watch this space

just a quick question tho ....................what the hell does flat mean :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it's the bit thats between the up an the down chuck........only the way you go the bike probably thinks all hills have points at the top!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Anonymous

Looks a good place justa, but I think there may be some a bit closer to Brampton, Wistow is about 8 to 10 miles from me. Korben try looking in Huntingdon, or like I say theres an hotel at "Brampton Hut" on the A1/A14 junction.

Come on peeps, lets make this a great meet up. If you can`t make the Saturday, why not just join us for the ride down to the Ace.

Oh and "flat" around here means extreamly flat. If we go for a ride on the Saturday I`ll show you a landscape thats flatter than a witch`s tit.

OK folks, been on the ACE Cafe Forum and on Sunday 22nd. June it`s ride out day starting at 9.30am and then from 10.00am its Gixer Day, so this may appeal to quite a few of us.

So Proposed date for BRAMPTON MEET is

SATURDAY 21st. JUNE, RUNNING OVER TO SUNDAY 22nd. JUNE.

Any major problems with anyone let me know.