April 8th ace Cafe/gosh run

Guest vulcanrog

there's a run to the Ace Cafe via Gt Ormond St hospital (easter egg run) been organised by von41 from the MCN (dead) site. Unfortunately due to the absolute chaos that the site has become von has moved to sparky slider to continue organising the run. All are wellcome to join in the run, I heard from von earlier & he would love more to join in the fun.

The details/timings are pretty basic, The main group are coming down from up north to RV at Cherwell valley service area on the M40 at 1100 hrs on Sunday 8th April. A smaller group are meeting at the Sainsburys car park on the A420 near the junction with the A419 earlier (probably about 0800/0900 hrs) that group includes me & the Mrs, We're staying at the Holiday Inn nearby overnight 7th April. Any riders who fancy it & want to RV at Cherwell valley please do so, Same as with the RV point on the A420. I'll make my email addy visible on my profile in a mo if any want to get in touch.

Bring lotsa easter eggs/choccy ! My Mrs & me have a very personal reason for doing this run, My youngest stepson's handicapped both mentally & physically & was treated at GOSH many times.

Rog.

just spoke to gosh, about the egg run, they would like to know approximate numbers of bikes turning up , MORE THE MERRIER they will then try to arrange parking for the bikes and wether the kids will come to us, or we meet them in the foyer or somewhere,Hopefully youve all tapped your local shops for free eggs to take down with you, I know vulcanrog has, only a few weeks away now chaps,& chapesses, really looking forward to this ride out,

Tescos came up trumps today, In the post this am a £10 voucher, Mrs dragon will buy as much as she can with it plus it can be used on 'buy one get one free' to date we've bought/scrounged about £80 worth of a mixture of diabetic & milk chocolate eggs. Defo could cause a choccy slick on the M4 now !

just had reply back from 'harriet', all systems go!, we'll have to drop off the eggs at the main reception between 2-3,The security were worried about us blocking the road with bikes, BUT i've hand on heart promised them that we wont, because ambulances will be flying up and down !! Said that i'd ring her next week to make sure the plans are still ok,

Sounds brilliant, and well organised. Its lovely seeing the kids faces light up. Enjoy your day and sorry we dont have more members down that way to take part.....maybe next year :D

I still think we should meet before going to GOSH so we can all ride there together.

It ain't far from the Ace and it'll give peeps a chance for a brew and a piddle if necessary.

let you all know, we had 22 bikes, 1 car,= 29 people, we managed to deliver 73 eggs, about 10 kg of various sweets & chocolate bars and a 2 foot chocolate bunny, everyone got home safely and mostly knackered,

Great ormond street were excellent hosts and the kids will be eating the stuff for ages, a BIG thanks to all that made it, hopefully we can make it an annual event, so watch this space for next years run.