Due to lack of support the default style on the forum is going to be changing and the current default style will be removed!

For more information see this thread
https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/vie ... =6&t=71349

what type of license do i hold???

New to the motorbike forum? Then say hello here
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:33 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha FJR 1300A
Location: nr Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 614 times

Re: what type of license do i hold???

Post by Speedy23 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:25 pm
Speedy23 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:57 pm
....I've still got my green license....I refuse on general principals to get a new one because they need replacing every 10 years, and 1. I'm a tight bugger and 2. my green one is immortal (until I hit 70 or move house but that's another story.....)
That's all very well but if you check with the DVLA then you'll find you are restricted to driving steam powered vehicles or riding a horse.
Just...totally...wrong. And, BTW, I can drive a steam engine......and ride a horse! And fly an aeroplane.....and steer a narrow boat.......and a fire engine.....and ride a push bike.... :thumb:
Oh my God, what's happened? I don't know man...I just got here myself!

Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

Posts: 1576
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:48 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Didcot
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 469 times

Re: what type of license do i hold???

Post by TimR » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Valko wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:43 pm
boki20078 wrote:Hi im looking for insurances and most insurance companies ask me what type of insurance i have i have been driving for 3 years and just done my cbt and cbt is all i have so what do i select...?
Hello and welcome :D

It depends you have said you are driving for 3 years. Do you have car license category B? If yes you put that you have full car license.

If not then you have provisional license and you put that you have provisional license.

Just look at your license does it look like this:


CBT has nothing to do with licenses, CBT is a training certificate that gives you a right to ride 125cc on public roads.
check out code 103 on a driving licence
cbt is not just for 125 it is for 50cc as well

with regards to insurance it will relate to the vehicle you are trying to insure
so if its a motorcycle you only have a provisional licence for that vehicle .

regardless of having a full car licence .
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Robert Frost

Return to “Newbies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests