Due to lack of support the default style on the forum is going to be changing and the current default style will be removed!

For more information see this thread
https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/vie ... =6&t=71349

Not to old at 66

New to the motorbike forum? Then say hello here
Richzx6r
Posts: 2168
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 1816 times
Been liked: 643 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by Richzx6r » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:33 pm

gogs01 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:35 pm
rightstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:27 pm
..... was thinking off a 650 700cc to start with any suggestions
Honda NC750X. Or NC750S if you have short legs.
Less power than most 600s, lower revving, very economical and easy to live with.
Should be easy to find a used one too.
On that, I found the ones I have had to be very thirsty and felt very gutless but that's just my view on the nc750
Its better when its loaded



Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

rightstuff
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:14 am
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by rightstuff » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm

Blimey more to choose from than I though will get some pics up and start looking got to pass yet though the bike I'm using with the instructor bike supplied is a 650 hyosung never heard off it myself but goes alright

User avatar
rennie
Moderator
Posts: 33427
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha Midnight Star 1300
Location: Telford/ Smethwick
Challenge score: 180
Has liked: 2124 times
Been liked: 779 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by rennie » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:51 pm

Hello and Welcome :D
Ian.
2020 challenge: Pubs 3/10
Churches complete

rightstuff
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:14 am
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by rightstuff » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:08 pm

Thanks for all your welcomes just had a look at some nct750x dct has anybody got any thoughts on the dct or are they to complicated to be reliable or are they the future

User avatar
JRH
The Hoggfather!
Posts: 4402
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:10 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Location: Warwickshire
Challenge score: 210
Has liked: 762 times
Been liked: 901 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by JRH » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi and welcome
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750



2020 challenge 100


Pubs 6 / 10
Churches 10 / 10

MikeHorton
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha Tracer 900GT,
Location: Stourbridge, West Midlands
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by MikeHorton » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:18 pm

rightstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:27 pm
might look like a old fart but I feel 20 wouldn't refuse a blow job if it was offered but if I look at a porn film now i just think the bed looks comfy was thinking off a 650 700cc to start with any suggestions
Tracer 700? Nice mix of fun and economy

gogs01
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:12 pm
Bike(s): R1200RT
Location: Tayside
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by gogs01 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 pm

rightstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:08 pm
Thanks for all your welcomes just had a look at some nct750x dct has anybody got any thoughts on the dct or are they to complicated to be reliable or are they the future
If you're just getting in to motorcycling I wouldn't advise a DCT model. It would mean re-learning and would make it difficult to progress to a more conventional bike.
If you like the Hyosung you're learning on you could do worse than go for one of them. Maybe ask your instructor if there is a Hyosung dealer in your area ?
Check out the dealers nearest to you and you should find any of the mainstream Japanese 650/750 bikes which are similar to the Hyosung would suit you.
Are you looking to buy new or used ? Money no object, or tight budget ? These things make a big difference to buying decisions .....

M620
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:15 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): A small selection of old Italian iron & BMW’s
Location: Buckinghamshire & France
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by M620 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:32 am

gogs01 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:58 pm
At 72 I've been travelling all over Europe (and beyond) for almost 50 years, so you've got a lot of catching up to do - so get on with it ! :D
Just out of interest what travel insurance company do you use for european travel ? I ask as mine only gives me up to 30 days on a motorcycle over 125cc. It was extendable to 60 days but only up to age 65. Currently I rely on my EHIC card for anything serious but after this year it could possibly be of little use in many EU countries.

User avatar
raesewell
Posts: 1478
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:21 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha FJR 2013
Location: Normanton West Yorkshire
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 500 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by raesewell » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 pm

I use Axa for my Travel / health insurance. Had a claim in 2018 and it all went through smoothly.

The Hitcher
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Panigale V4
Location: Surrey
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by The Hitcher » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:48 pm

rightstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:27 pm
might look like a old fart but I feel 20 wouldn't refuse a blow job if it was offered but if I look at a porn film now i just think the bed looks comfy was thinking off a 650 700cc to start with any suggestions
Don't get a sportsbike!, they're starting to be uncomfortable at 36 for me!.
Seriously though, whatever you get,wishing you all the best with learning and enjoying a bike :thumb: .

rightstuff
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:14 am
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by rightstuff » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Thanks hitcher I like the look of the tracker might go and have a look at one my mate has a cheap hornet which is very cheap but have heard bad things about them

rightstuff
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:14 am
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by rightstuff » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:43 pm

blooming spell Checker should read tracer

Richzx6r
Posts: 2168
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 1816 times
Been liked: 643 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by Richzx6r » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 pm

The Hitcher wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:48 pm
rightstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:27 pm
might look like a old fart but I feel 20 wouldn't refuse a blow job if it was offered but if I look at a porn film now i just think the bed looks comfy was thinking off a 650 700cc to start with any suggestions
Don't get a sportsbike!, they're starting to be uncomfortable at 36 for me!.
Seriously though, whatever you get,wishing you all the best with learning and enjoying a bike :thumb: .
I second this for sports bikes I'm 34 and already after something more upright even though I'm after a busa for my next bike........ well I'll get a test ride on one and decide from there but I have had a couple of test rides on the triumph tiger 1200 and absolutely loved it but right now I can't warrant spending so much on a vehicle
Its better when its loaded

The Hitcher
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Panigale V4
Location: Surrey
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by The Hitcher » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:15 pm

rightstuff wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:42 pm
Thanks hitcher I like the look of the tracker might go and have a look at one my mate has a cheap hornet which is very cheap but have heard bad things about them
I always thought the older Hornets were ok, essentially just a naked CBR600?.
Whichever bike you decide on, I'd say don't bother spending too much on it as your first year or so is when you're likely to make more mistakes and drop it etc, get the best protective clothing you can and which suits your needs best and go for it :thumb: .

The Hitcher
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Panigale V4
Location: Surrey
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: Not to old at 66

Post by The Hitcher » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Richzx6r wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 pm
The Hitcher wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:48 pm
rightstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:27 pm
might look like a old fart but I feel 20 wouldn't refuse a blow job if it was offered but if I look at a porn film now i just think the bed looks comfy was thinking off a 650 700cc to start with any suggestions
Don't get a sportsbike!, they're starting to be uncomfortable at 36 for me!.
Seriously though, whatever you get,wishing you all the best with learning and enjoying a bike :thumb: .
I second this for sports bikes I'm 34 and already after something more upright even though I'm after a busa for my next bike........ well I'll get a test ride on one and decide from there but I have had a couple of test rides on the triumph tiger 1200 and absolutely loved it but right now I can't warrant spending so much on a vehicle
I'm not quite ready to move on from them yet, but reckon I could well swap to a super naked when I turn 40!.

Return to “Newbies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], MrPickwick and 1 guest