Advice needed on cafe racer

DBarks88

Hey, New to the forum, be kind.

i checked out a bike today, 125 for the summer, im only on a cbt. im an experienced rider, just where i live in Nicaragua normally, a license is not ready. i own a 125 honda and a 150 suzuki. however i have no clue about the set ups etc

wanted a decent little summer bike, got my eye on this one, but showed a friend and he thinks the set up is all wrong, forks too long, will lead to a bad ride etc.

hard to decipher to much from photos but can anyone give me any info in regards to what you can see?

cheers

Not until I can see some pictures . Go to attachments , add files , select from your gallery and submit. Alternatively copy a link and paste it into a post .

Unless it's about £200 I wouldn't go near it . What a thrown together pile of junk ! The handling with those long forks and that stupid fat front tyre would be highly questionable . CG 125s are also very temperamental without an air box so that's not good . And that one into two exhaust is just a joke . The absence of mudguards combined with those unnecessarily chunky tyres would quickly see you covered in shit on your front and your back . Why people do this to a perfectly usable little motorbike is quite beyond my understanding . This is a Café Racer .

Polish_20200522_130537879.thumb.png.44f448c1e0ef1c42cf7bc96e1bed017c.png

I doubt it, looks like just a headlight on it, no rear light,no brake light, no indicators(but also not needed), no chain guard, it's a piece of shite :roll:

Just looks like a project bike mate. Don't waste your money. I've never bought new, but try and get bikes that are as close to original as possible. There are some crazy people out there who do some crazy things to perfectly good machines. Especially wiring. Have a good look at the wiring loom and connectors before you part with any cash, there are too many people out there who think electrical tape and LEDs are the way forward.

The front end and rear wheel look like they're from a Lexmoto Arizona (I recognise the CB250 wheels!) but I can't quite figure out what the frame and swingarm came from. It's not the Arizona because that front downpipe of the frame would've been split into two loops while this uses the engine as a stressed member like the CB250.

Anything with a pod filter should be avoided, and anything with the battery hidden (or removed??) is only fit for scrap. Plus it'd be an absolute nightmare to insure, are there any modifications we should know about sir..?

right what im inclined to say is leave that bike where it is and continue your search until you find a bike that is roadworthy and a proper cafe racer like the photo of the guy with his bike and when you do find one you will look just as happy as him :thumb:

I doubt it, looks like just a headlight on it, no rear light,no brake light, no indicators(but also not needed), no chain guard, it's a piece of shite :roll:

Look again , side mounted .

The front end and rear wheel look like they're from a Lexmoto Arizona (I recognise the CB250 wheels!) but I can't quite figure out what the frame and swingarm came from. It's not the Arizona because that front downpipe of the frame would've been split into two loops while this uses the engine as a stressed member like the CB250.

Anything with a pod filter should be avoided, and anything with the battery hidden (or removed??) is only fit for scrap. Plus it'd be an absolute nightmare to insure, are there any modifications we should know about sir..?

If you zoom in on the engine it says Skyjet so I'm guessing the frame and engine are both knock off CG 125 .