Just saying Hi

KiwiBob

Hi,

A bit about me ..

After riding a BSA Bantam for a few years I gave up motorcycling when the family came along.

Fast forward and in 2004 I moved to New Zealand and after a few years there got back into motorcycling with their Learner Approved system which meant I could drive my CX500 on L plates.

I passed my "restricted" test which meant the L plate could come off and a couple of weeks later I passed the full test. :)

Under the NZ system, even though I had passed my full I had stay on the restricted licence for a full year.

The bad news was I moved back to the UK ! month before I could get the full which means I'm back to square one! :(

The upshot is I'll do my CBT tomorrow and take it from there.

I WILL get a full licence … one day! ;)

Cheers

Rob.

Edited by KiwiBob

Mine was a D14 .. It was better than walking!

I was walking with mine.......pushing it!

About the licence......not sure if the UK would recognise an NZ licence anyway?

I know Spain doesn't recognise US and Oz.

Hi Rob.

All the best with the CBT :thumb:

What are you planning to do after that? Ride a 125 for a bit, or go straight for the full licence?

Mine was a D14 .. It was better than walking!

I was walking with mine.......pushing it!

About the licence......not sure if the UK would recognise an NZ licence anyway?

I know Spain doesn't recognise US and Oz.

I must have been lucky .. My D14 never let me down.

The UK does recognise an NZ licence.

My son has switched his car NZ licence to a UK one.

He's joining me on the CBT .. (dad and lad day)

Hi Rob.

All the best with the CBT :thumb:

What are you planning to do after that? Ride a 125 for a bit, or go straight for the full licence?

I've just resurrected a CG 125 that has been stuck at the back of my daughters garage for the last 8 yrs, so I'll ride that for a while.

Then, if they're up and running before the winter, I may do the DAS this year or failing that next spring.

Well, today got the CBT out of the way and apart from being very wet it was a good day.

Fingers crossed that the government can ease lockdown and open up for the theory test soon... I'm guessing there will be a hell of a backlog and a mad rush for those?

You should be OK with your riding history if you can ever get a test.

At my age I've learnt to never take things for granted! As they say .. Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance! :wink:

At my age I've learnt to never take things for granted! As they say .. Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance! :wink:

How old are you Bob?

Same here.......are you a 1954 model as well? :lol:

Same here.......are you a 1954 model as well? :lol:

Yep! 54 was a very good year!

Still plenty of us about!

I share my birthday with Jerry Seinfeld.......both of us born on the same day in 1954.

CX500 That brings back memories, good old twin pot thumper, I remember picking mine up, first shaft drive I'd ever owned, riding it back through Leicester and went down one too many gears. I learnt the hard way about shaft drives being unforgiving!! Thankfully all I did was lock up, didn't fall off, arse puckering moment though :oops: Good luck with your test :thumb: