First time on a bike forum, questions incoming!

MrGloverGlover

Hi all,

First time joining a bike forum, having owned a bike since the end of March (Honda CB125R). Passed by CBT two weeks before that, passed my theory last week, awaiting Mod1 & Mod2 to get something decent, hopefully in the next month!

Just thought I'd say hello, before I blast a bunch of noob questions in the main forum, hahah.

-Ben

P.S. The avatar is a Douglas Adams reference, not my age. I'm a spritely 36, but that number isn't as interesting.

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly,

Thy micturations are to me

As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.

Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,

And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,

Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts

With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!" And welcome to the forum.

'something decent' eh - do tell?

It's very subjective isn't it! Probably an XSR700 though. I made a post asking a key question in the main bike chat already though, as I'm a little baffled.

When you do your das you'll get an idea of power. They very often use the mt07 (I did) which I believe is the same engine as the xsr. Really, you'll test ride bikes and see what you like, but it is fun to speculate.

DAS being some sort of abbreviation for tests, I assume? Sorry, still learning the lingo!

The instructor I'm with uses several 20 plate BMW 750 GS, which seems pretty cool, albeit enormous, but not at all what I'll be riding long-term. I will say that the suspension is comfy as hell and the gears are smooth as anything though.

DAS being some sort of abbreviation for tests, I assume? Sorry, still learning the lingo!

The instructor I'm with uses several 20 plate BMW 750 GS, which seems pretty cool, albeit enormous, but not at all what I'll be riding long-term. I will say that the suspension is comfy as hell and the gears are smooth as anything though.

DAS - Direct Access Scheme. Basically straight in to the full A license, not A1/A2.

Usually getting a an hour or two (or more..) training on the big bike, then you do the Mod1/Mod2 tests. That is considered 'DAS'.

How many training sessions I guess depends how good (or crap in my case) you are on a bike. ;D

Good Luck, i'm trying to get mine sorted soon. Tests open up again on the 13th July apparently.

DAS - Direct Access Scheme. Basically straight in to the full A license, not A1/A2.

Usually getting a an hour or two (or more..) training on the big bike, then you do the Mod1/Mod2 tests. That is considered 'DAS'.

How many training sessions I guess depends how good (or crap in my case) you are on a bike. ;D

Good Luck, i'm trying to get mine sorted soon. Tests open up again on the 13th July apparently.

Ahh yeah, gotcha. Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing too. Instructors get slots opened up to book tests as of the 6th (tomorrow), but the earliest is the 13th, yeah. I'm targeting being ready for the start of August, hopefully. I've only had an assessment and two lessons, but I'm on the 750 now and not encountering much trouble.

Hi and welcome.

You may find yourself using this Douglas Adams quote more than once when off out and about on the bike. :lol:

“ I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. “

Hi and welcome.

You may find yourself using this Douglas Adams quote more than once when off out and about on the bike. :lol:

“ I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. “

Excellent! Who knew there'd be so much love for Douglas Adams in the motorcycle community, hahah!

Seeing your details it's funny, because I nearly chose the Pratchett "Teach a man to light a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." quote, hahah.