Kymco ck1 starter button issues

Niknak78

Hi there

New to the site.

Looking for advice, kymco ck125 sat in garage for a year, not starting. Battery replaced etc and managed to get it started by bypassing the actual starter button. Any advice how we remove the switch to try and fix. Manual that came with the bike isn't great.

Guest Swagman

Hello and welcome try spraying wd40 into the switch and working it a bit that may help clear it, usually caused by the brass contacts becoming tarnished give it a go . :thumb:

Guest Swagman

Ty for that, is the switch easy to remove (sorry it's my dad that's doing the work wouldn't want to do something that damages the bike)

On my bike there are two screws on the bar grip but before you take it off try cleaning it’s less hassle if it works, I had to do mine once but that was around 10 years ago and not had to touch it since then.

As [mention]Swagman[/mention] said, usually it's just two screws clamping the whole assembly to the handlebars.

The problem with taking it apart can be getting all the parts inside back together in their proper place :lol:

Far easier to give it a dousing of wd40

How did you bypass the switch out of curiosity ?

Did you just cross the solenoid or did you join the wires from switch

He hooked up wires to starter motor and bike started immediately. That why we think it's the starter switch that is broken

How did you bypass the switch out of curiosity ?

Did you just cross the solenoid or did you join the wires from switch

He hooked up wires to starter motor and bike started immediately. That why we think it's the starter switch that is broken

Could be

Kill switch ( switch above starter switch) is turned off

Clutch switch not working properly

Fuse blown