Old timer, new biker.

m48t02

A 50+ year old first timer biker here. From the Vespa T2 I rode many years ago in the UK (pre CBT), and various scooters since over the years. I finally decided to get a *real* bike to match my now greying beard. Got my CBT a few weeks ago and picked up a Honda CB125F/GLR125 - LOVE IT!!!!

I will be moving to get the A license but intending to stick on a 125 for a little while...

So now I have a question for any CB125F owners. The front foot rests are awful, thick rubbery padded things. And with my big old feet, they ain't great. So was looking to switch them out with something a little more simple. But apparently there isn't an aftermarket option on these, or at least I don't know how to look for them yet.. Saw some nice Puig 6301 in silver, but the price!!!

So turned to eBay, there appear to be a plethora of 'Universal' pedals (Search 'Motorcycle Motorbike Universal Foot Pegs Pedal'), which are Chinese. But I am not sure I trust these, but kinda what I am looking for in style.

It seems to have a M8 bar and pin, with 20mm (maybe 22mm) across the inside hinge width.

Wondering if anyone could offer any avenues for reasonable but decent foot pedals for this little Honda, or will a universal one fit?

Fowlers parts have an exploded diagram from my research: https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/5852866/glr125-cb125f/step

Hello and welcome . There are only a limited number of shapes that the attachment point of a foot peg can be . Take one off and post a picture of it and I'll have a look online to see what might fit .

Hi fastbob,

Many thanks and hi.

I have some spare cotter pins on order, but don't wanna take pedal off until I get them, just in case.

Attached photo, with some measurements. Does this make sense ?

Thanks again.

FootRest.thumb.png.be120d0724075ddc42e56c1a236068ab.png