Onsite advice from Sports Bike Shop

NE150N80

Hi guys

In the next couple of days, my wife and I are looking at getting some of our first ever bike gear (helmet, jackets, gloves, boots etc.) and Sports Bike Shop isn't too far from us (we're in the Peterborough area) so we were going to along and have a look round as they seem to have the largest range of gear.

I just wondered if anybody else has been there and how consultative they are? My wife and I are complete first timers so are looking for some help, advice and guidnace on what to buy that's right for our needs, ensuring we get the correct fit etc.

I'm sure there's a lot of great shops out there that provide really sound advice and guidance and just wondered if Sports Bike Shop were one of them - are they able to provide that kind of service, or are they just a warehouse full of kit, where you'd need to know what you're looking for.

In addition to this question, does anybody have any other recommendations for the Peterborough area?

Thanks all.

You choose what you want from a computer station on site that gives you a number which comes up on the big screen in the shop to let you know when your chosen item/items are ready and one of the staff bring out the gear for you to try, you can get as much as you want out to try on they are very friendly with a fair knowledge of the products, great shop with a massive warehouse full of stock, they also have a limited amount out in the shop floor to peruse.

The branch in Milton Keynes is very good and well stocked with helpful staff.

Having said that if you are in Peterborough you will be virtually passing J&S factory outlet in Finedon and even though they are not as good you really should take a look especially at the stuff thats discounted to clear.

Hope you find a good deal that works for you.

Cheers

Ian

The branch in Milton Keynes is very good and well stocked with helpful staff.

Having said that if you are in Peterborough you will be virtually passing J&S factory outlet in Finedon and even though they are not as good you really should take a look especially at the stuff thats discounted to clear.

Hope you find a good deal that works for you.

Cheers

Ian

Recently bought a 2 piece from the MK store and they were amazing, so helpful! I used to use J&S in Finedon but twice I've been there now and the staff have been no help whatsoever, even though I was looking to spend a few hundred quid and it was really quiet. I doubt I'd go back for big purchases - especially given SBS were better on price, but like you say the clearance items can be good.