MCN bike show excel 12-14 Feb

Paul-Kent

Hahah for Christmas amongst his presents I got him a new Knox back protector and full Kreiga texiles.. Can you see a theme here? :mrgreen:

He's really keen to get on a bike this year as he hasn't been able to yet, so he's almost the one hauling me out of bed at the crack of dawn to get to these shows! Which I'm loving cos I get to see them all through his eyes with the wonder and excitement that I had when I was just starting biking too :D

So yeah, will be at the Excel for sure as it's not that far from my mams house.. Hoggs, this should be an easy-ish one for you to get to as well!

Hoggs, this should be an easy-ish one for you to get to as well!

Hmmm I wasn't planning on going this year..... but there is free bike parking.... and I get to look at bikes..... I'll see what the OH is doing and see if my dad fancies a trip to London! Not sure if he'd want to brave the North Circular though :lol:

Ohh! Almost forgot about this!

Got some friends who have a stall at it so yeah I'll be going for sure.. Might take the partner as a Valentine treat :mrgreen:

You can take me if he doesnt want to go :D

Went on my own last year as friend didnt want to go, So much less fun on your own.

Ohh! Almost forgot about this!

Got some friends who have a stall at it so yeah I'll be going for sure.. Might take the partner as a Valentine treat :mrgreen:

You can take me if he doesnt want to go :D

Went on my own last year as friend didnt want to go, So much less fun on your own.

Forum meet on one of the days?

Well i was trying to work out my negotiation strategy to get me a pass for valentines weekend...then I get an email fwd from my partner.. flight booking confirmation.... I check the names on the tickets - and its not for me!!

Looks like shes off to see her sister in Denmark for the week, leaving Friday 12th, so looks like I'm a free man for the weekend. Result!!

Who's going Saturday or bargain hunting Sunday??

Hmmm I wasn't planning on going this year..... but there is free bike parking.... and I get to look at bikes..... I'll see what the OH is doing and see if my dad fancies a trip to London! Not sure if he'd want to brave the North Circular though :lol:

Checky monkey. I've been down a couple of times on the GPX. :roll:

Oh Jeez Glorian, I know your pain! :( Good luck on your hunt..

So Looks like Sunday for a quick forum meet up, even if its just a coffee between stall browsing :mrgreen:

Best deals on Sunday as they don't want to pack it all up and take it home..

want to go on the sunday, but might have to travel to kidderminster...... bah

Maidstone to Kidderminster.......via Excell.......... Best tell them you may be late. :wink:

Best deals on Sunday as they don't want to pack it all up and take it home..

want to go on the sunday, but might have to travel to kidderminster...... bah

Maidstone to Kidderminster.......via Excell.......... Best tell them you may be late. :wink:

have decided that sunday is my day balls to them, and ill just get up early on monday and drive up 2.5/3 hours is plenty.

so who is going on sunday, perhaps a mini meet in one of the cafes/food establishments?

I've already told the partner it's happening and thrown it in our iCloud calender :mrgreen:

Sunday.. What time and where?

Have to admit I can't remember the food places in the Excel very well as it's been a while since I went (and even then I think it was a GW / Table top games / DnD event)..

Have to admit I can't remember the food places in the Excel very well

I think last time we went to a burger place on a back wall and it was not good :|

There's a rough map here!

http://bauermediapacks.com/downloads/mcn/lmssales.pdf

Last time, didn't we leave the show hall and get something from the eateries in the main vestibule area? Which was better that the burgers the time before.

Last time, didn't we leave the show hall and get something from the eateries in the main vestibule area? Which was better that the burgers the time before.

Ah you may be correct there. I'd forgotten we'd been twice....

http://excel.london/food-and-drink

Maybe either the burger or pasty place?

I had a panini from place near the door. It was "warm" and expensive. I'll just head to liverpool street or the lark and get something so many places in london to eat. Your hand is stamped to get back in anyhow.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, just wondering if anyone has any information about this show, I have not been before but I have heard on the grapevine it is worth a visit. Is anyone going from the Manchester area?