TMBF 125cc Idiot Challenge discussion

RantMachine

There we go, that's a budget set - and a journey :lol:

I'll get to thinking of mini challenges for along the way!

In all honesty I think we will have a VERY tough time on £300, but who knows...

I'll keep an eye on the second hand sites over the next week or so in order to get a better idea of what would be realistic.

Anyone got any ideas for how we can get some sponsorship for this? :mrgreen:

As noted in the other thread, I almost certainly won't actually be able to afford to join in, so I'm more than happy to be an impartial rules-evaluating-and-enforcing-person (yes, this means if you cheat I will set your bike on fire).

I would like to point out my credentials:

- History of really crap bikes that need lots of bodge fixing

- Do far to many miles on small CC bikes

- I have 1000 bad ideas every damn DAY and this is NOTHING in comparison :lol:

I could tag along on my almost-as-tiny bike to do the judging of the tasks, and as an extra pair of hands in case shit hits a fan.

Edited by RantMachine

Yes, yes, yes.

I vote for helping each other out - it'd be more fun and we'd probably meet up a bit more before the grand ordeal starts. :-)

What about a circuit route - it'd make the logistics easier.

Anyone care to add to the brucey bonus challenges?

0-60-0

Lean angle challenge

Wheelie length

End of season run could be awesome :lol:

Imagine everyone rocking up looking absolutely knackered on the most beaten up rustbuckets ever... love it!

Another thing: Will need to look into dirt cheap helmet cams, ideally with microphones. To Aldi!!

Haha specially if they catch the bike to bike coms..

"Err guys.. It's pissing out steam somewhere"

"Feck off mate! Mines just blown the front tyre"

*One person goes haring past at 65mph*

"THROTTLE's WEDGED OPEN! BRAKES GONE... HHEEELLLLLPPPPP...."

End of season run could be awesome :lol:

Imagine everyone rocking up looking absolutely knackered on the most beaten up rustbuckets ever... love it!

Another thing: Will need to look into dirt cheap helmet cams, ideally with microphones. To Aldi!!

Old iphone taped to the front of my helmet out of the question then?

It's all it's good for.

I think we're being a bit too idiotic with a £300 LETJOG trip.

I've done that trip twice, and it cost over £100 in fuel on a 125 and it was pushing £250 on a CBR600 when I did it the second round.

The LETJOG was originally an extreme idea I had aged 15 for a 50cc but realised it wasn't doable. It's a lot for a very good 125, so I think it's too certain a failure.

Some mid-sized challenges where you think "will he/won't he" make it would be better I think. Off-road challenges!

Well I spent my train journey home trying to work out how I might be able to afford to take part and not just supervise in some capacity, and just as I was getting my hopes up I got an email from my landlady saying she's selling my house in three months. Balls. That mucks up my finances for a little while.

How about a 125cc challenge for next year which involves tasks rather than getting to locations? Tasks could include;

- video your top speed (unlikely to attract the attention of the law in the way some bikers have done)

- ride a hill with a gradient of 25% plus

- do that far eastern/Indian think of your entire family, some neighbours and a hitchhiker on your bike (closed road required)

- or if you do not fancy that, the biggest pillion you can find

buy the house?
£250k plus ground rent and service charges to the tune of £1500 a year, all for a tiny single bed terraced house in an area with occasional rat problems? Nah, I'll pass :lol:

It was convenient for renting but not really buying material.

How about a 125cc challenge for next year which involves tasks rather than getting to locations? Tasks could include;

- video your top speed (unlikely to attract the attention of the law in the way some bikers have done)

- ride a hill with a gradient of 25% plus

- do that far eastern/Indian think of your entire family, some neighbours and a hitchhiker on your bike (closed road required)

- or if you do not fancy that, the biggest pillion you can find

That would be fun in itself, but doesn't have quite the same charm as going on a road trip with a group of other crappy 125s. Maybe do both? That could be the "one year on" challenge for any that survive :lol:

well ive got the perfect bike for someone then i have got a kymco agility 125 4 stroke scooter sat in my garden its on a 55 plate needs a battery and rear puncture sorting out and the v5 applying for ive never had it running but its got good compression so i dont see any reason it wont run oh and its matt black so in stealth mode the others wont see it coming as you sneak past them im looking for 70 quid for it but anyone want to make an offer let me know