Scottish Motorcyle Show 11-12th March

Throttled

We are heading down on Saturday morning. Taking the car however as there will be three of us.

My shopping list is zero, just going to sit on bikes. Have you got anything in mind?

Looking for gloves and jeans for me, and possibly a big bike. Helmet and boots/gloves/maybe everything for other half.

Otherhalves brother is up from Devon, not sure if he is looking for kit too or just wanting to have a play on some bikes too :-) Generally we spend the morning and maybe early afternoon at the show, then head off to the other bike shops in Edinburgh to look at second hand bikes, dinner somewhere then head back home. I suspect this year will be no different, other than I will be taking big bikes more seriously this time!

There on Sunday. Taking my nephew . His first time ever going to an event like it. I will be around the Bike Against Bullies stall if you fancy popping over to say hi :cheers:

What's bikes against bullies?

Serious question by the way

Fairly new charity. But it is a load of bikers who speak to children about bullying. Do runs out for the children that are being bullied give support and advice to them and family members. Do things like take them to a prom on a bike or pick up from school and show support. As they are new they are still setting things up and the correct people in the correct part of it but it sounds to have a good heart behind it.

It's tiny compared to the NEC. We spent about 3.5hrs there today, and that was looking at pretty much everything and generally chatting to random folk.

Most stalls/retailers are just as cheap online too.unles you want ear lugs, which works out cheaper as they will do the molds there and then.

Bit dissatisfied with the show. NEC is soooo much better but it was great to catch up with everyone and new ppeople. My nephew enjoyed his first taste of biker community. He kept saying 'auntie you know a lot of people '. Do not know them all personally but we all say hi to each other and have a chat from a run we we went on three years ago lol. But still good to get out.

My god was it busy Sunday late morning when we were there. Every bike was a queue to get on and we spent most of our time shuffling around like it was a crowd leaving a football match.

I like that Police Scotland were next to the Blue Angels outlaw motorcycle gang!

I like that Police Scotland were next to the Blue Angels outlaw motorcycle gang!

Saw that on your Fb photo.

What on earth is a patch club doing at an event like that? Checking for people wearing Sons of Anarchy t-shirts?

It was pish.

Too many crap clothing stalls and stuff not even related to bikes, not enough quality bike gear stalls.

No new R6, no BMW Motorad, no big Panigale.

I don't think I would go again after that.

Very disappointing.

It was pish.

Too many crap clothing stalls and stuff not even related to bikes, not enough quality bike gear stalls.

No new R6, no BMW Motorad, no big Panigale.

I don't think I would go again after that.

Very disappointing.

Sounds like not much has changed since we last went, guess we made the right decision. Shame.