Daventry motorcycle festival

Bianco2564

Anyone know how this compares to Rugby Bikefest?

Been to both for the last 2 years,Rugby is better attended and more going on.

However I don't go to these events for the trade stalls,music or other attractions so they don't matter to me if there or not.

I just enjoy the gathering of bikes and ride in.

And so I went, nice day out on the CBX. I got there about 2:30PM, it was obviously thinning out but I guess I expected Daventry town centre to be bigger than it is! Lots of stalls selling stuff, not that many bikes though a lot of what was there was quite interesting and a live music stage where the band couldn't play due to feedback issues which really made me appreciate the work that must go into the Rugby event.

Overall I guess it was alright, bit of a trek for such a small show though. The best bit for me was bumping into a guy I know from a forum long since passed and seeing that he's still knocking about on weird customised bikes 8-)

It was ok, not far from Cov, went with a mate I hadn’t seen for a while so wandered about chatting and 👀 ng at the bikes.

Only saw 1 RGV so must have been Bianco’s.

The stalls were mostly selling generic unnamed cheap stuff, plus some deserving charity stalls that relieved me of a couple of quid.

Recognised some of the more outstanding bikes from the Rugby Fest.

Had a beer watching a Loony Karaoki bloke and had a lamb tikka wrap.

It was on the small side and I probably should have gone to the one at Lincoln today ( and bagged a few tags on the way ), but my mate couldn’t make it.

2 hours max did it twice.

Only saw 1 RGV so must have been Bianco’s.

It was on the small side and I probably should have gone to the one at Lincoln today ( and bagged a few tags on the way ), but my mate couldn’t make it.

2 hours max did it twice.

If you saw this then that was mine.Didn't see any others while there.

Saw an NSR 250 and Laverda Jota amongst all the usual suspects.

Daventry is quite a small town and event,only go along because its local, I have family and friends who live there and they attend the event.

They have changed the layout this year,the high street has many more stalls, attractions and organised bike displays;all the bikes that turn up are scattered around side street's,pavements and car parks.a bit too spread out I thought.

Did 30 miles on the RGV,first proper run since its rebuild and it ran a treat :thumb: :thumb:

20180512_103948-1651x1238.thumb.jpg.9ad3127fc8994fbc4031a776a495f1c8.jpg

20180609_125343-1651x1238.thumb.jpg.bbf3c33e3064fcf38f64878412a93a63.jpg

20180609_125903-1651x1238.thumb.jpg.5ba27d9a8a15b62de0d752bdd89653a9.jpg