Motorcycle Live (NEC) this year....

Guest Speedy23

Yup Monday 18th for us

Hotel all booked already

The 18th is a Sunday :seeya:

:oops: we are going down on the 18th and staying over night and going on the Monday but you probably guessed that :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to go but probably a weekend date as I am burning through my annual leave way too fast lol

I was purposefully holding some back in case I was stuck in a loop of retakes, luckily I'm now in the enviable position for once of having some spare to take :D

I'm hoping to go but probably a weekend date as I am burning through my annual leave way too fast lol

I was purposefully holding some back in case I was stuck in a loop of retakes, luckily I'm now in the enviable position for once of having some spare to take :D

its things like this why I like working shifts and only 4 days a week :lol:

its things like this why I like working shifts and only 4 days a week :lol:

I used to do unsocial hours and was almost guaranteed to work the majority of weekends, evenings, bank holidays were a work day for sure and it wasn't unheard of to do Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. I remember the year I 'celebrated' the new year driving on my own down the A417.

So whilst sometimes having to book a day off if I want to do something in the week can be a pain, I'm pretty content with it :)

Four day weeks doesn't sound too shabby though, I must admit.

I used to do unsocial hours and was almost guaranteed to work the majority of weekends, evenings, bank holidays were a work day for sure and it wasn't unheard of to do Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. I remember the year I 'celebrated' the new year driving on my own down the A417.

So whilst sometimes having to book a day off if I want to do something in the week can be a pain, I'm pretty content with it :)

Four day weeks doesn't sound too shabby though, I must admit.

That sounds like hell!

While its a 7 days a week job my working pattern isn't that bad to be honest

we do work xmas eve till about 8, bank holidays are volunteers then compulsory allocation if they don't get the staff boxing day and new years day is strictly volunteers only

The bonus with a 4 day week for me is that every 4 weeks I get 6 days off in a row 8-)

Yup Monday 18th for us

Hotel all booked already

:oops: we are going down on the 18th and staying over night and going on the Monday but you probably guessed that :lol:

I think Jay was thinking Monday for us too, I'll double check with him but would be cool to grab lunch if we are all there on the same day :D (P.s. We'll likely have Glorian too!)

I think Jay was thinking Monday for us too, I'll double check with him but would be cool to grab lunch if we are all there on the same day :D (P.s. We'll likely have Glorian too!)

Yeah let us know :D

• 1 month later...

Well, I think I finally have to accept I'm not winning any tickets from any of the competitions I've entered, [mention]Magpie84[/mention] has been told what day off she has next week so looks like we'll be at the NEC discovering lots of people telling us we really need to buy stuff we never knew we needed on Tuesday

£1.50 fulfilment fee? Hate when companies do that. I bet I'll have to print off an e-ticket or something, which then makes me moan out loud at my computer about what exactly they're fulfilling.

Then like all good Brits, I'll just pay it anyway and suck it up.