2017 UK Challenge 100 - Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

I can't upload the KML file to MyRoute app. It keeps telling me there is something wrong with it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aUcTi ... sp=sharing

I've just uploaded last years file that is still on my puter with no issues. Could someone in the know look into it for me please?

Edited by fullscreenaging

Now camping at Poolewe near to the tag there. Two tags tomorrow and the final three north of Scotland the day after. I think north of Scotland tags should count double! It has taken four nights camping to do them all.

I think north of Scotland tags should count double!

Good idea (says the person who's going to Scotland on holiday in August) :cheers:

According to Tyre - You can do all the Tags in Scotland in less than 14 hours!

:popcorn:

I presume that is a mapping route finder thing. Which thinks you can do single tracked roads at the national speed limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever came up with this and chose the locations, you're a star.

Without doing the tags I'd never have ridden the roads across Exmoor and then down the length of the A39. What a stunningly wonderful day's riding. OK, the M5 was hell but it was a means to an end to get five solid hours flying around Devon and Cornwall in the sun.

One very happy Mawsley :D

Whoever came up with this and chose the locations, you're a star.

Without doing the tags I'd never have ridden the roads across Exmoor and then down the length of the A39. What a stunningly wonderful day's riding. OK, the M5 was hell but it was a means to an end to get five solid hours flying around Devon and Cornwall in the sun.

One very happy Mawsley :D

That'll be Grumpy Old Git then....... 8-)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice 230 mile run to take in Cadwell park and On Your Marques.

Great roads between the two.

Had a look in the museum at on your Marques and had coffe and cake.

• 3 weeks later...

Parking your bike at the following is 'difficult':

International Slavery Museum - Nearest is the Bus Centre car park (if there is no event on, you can get down to one of the hotels in the dock area).

Sanquhar Post Office - About 50 yds past (double yellows)

Scotland Street - Across the road

Tweedale Museum - Again, across the road (busy with parked cars) - The museum door is through the archway and immediate right.

NB. The A713 is my new favourite 'twisty'.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...