RIDE OUTS

soll

What clubs and ride out sites are people members of ?.

I have joined LMRC on Meetup and some of the rides are the other side of london and not Kent based, which can be a pain in the bum.

Hopefully be meeting up with Phil on Sunday on the Wesson Cafe run, provided the rain stays away.

hahah I find the opposite that all the rides start off way down south and it would take me an hour+ just to get to the meet point! Haven't had a spare weekend in a while but hopefully will get on one soon!

You could always post rideouts in the relevant section on here

The more you post the more chance of them getting picked up in Google search the more chance you have of bikers joining the forum in your area ;-)

You could always post rideouts in the relevant section on here

The more you post the more chance of them getting picked up in Google search the more chance you have of bikers joining the forum in your area ;-)

I agree Stu, but its knowing when rides are happening.. its about networking and getting to meet new people. for example, I joined the Southeastern RC and got removed as i had not joined a ride in 2 months (a stipulation of membership) but none has been "local" to me (ie within 45mins ride from home)

without knowing they are happening, how can you post them and let people know :P

Create your own rideouts and make them happen ;-)

Don't wait for others to arrange them

Pick a day you want to go out a route and meeting places post it up and go yourself if others turn up its a bonus

The trouble with hosting a ride on the forum is:

A) no one wants to take the lead & responsibility.

B) even for experienced leaders it has to be easier sometimes to hold a gun to people's heads to get them to ride lol.

But to those that do, be organised, provide a decent route with some nice stops, make it a decent run and it will be enjoyed (assuming you don't lose anyone lol).

We've had a few successful ones down south on the forum but those that have been have been a full time job to organise... And those that haven't had much uptake has been, well... Not a full time job ;)

I think for the forum, a few riders going out together is fine and probably get some uptake, for anything more you want a club really.

Soll - most LMRC ride leaders are south based... It's just time of the year that not as many are happening. I'm sure in a couple of months you'll be out on an almost weekly basis.

Soll - most LMRC ride leaders are south based...

They are! I need to hunt down some North based people to have a mini ride out together to the meeting point :) Ideally someone with a better sense of direction than me :lol:

Soll - most LMRC ride leaders are south based... It's just time of the year that not as many are happening. I'm sure in a couple of months you'll be out on an almost weekly basis.

hopefully

What clubs and ride out sites are people members of ?.

some of the rides are the other side of london and not Kent based, which can be a pain in the bum.

Bahhh, just means you get to ride more as you have to ride to the start point too, surely that's a bonus. Might meet me too if you do wimp out due to rain. I'll be at Hollyville. Personally, I'd call the other side of London M4/M40 Heathrow area. Not been to any further than Rykas and a good deal start at the Grasshopper/Swanley/Bromley

There's a facebook group you could try https://www.facebook.com/groups/22234791371/ hasn't had any active event on there though since the guy I bought my CBR off left for Australia last year. Think they have regular meets either fortnightly or monthly, plus I think there's regular meet ups at Oakdene on Thursday night ?

Failing that, start a facebook group of your own and try and get locals to join.

Soll - most LMRC ride leaders are south based...

They are! I need to hunt down some North based people to have a mini ride out together to the meeting point :) Ideally someone with a better sense of direction than me :lol:

There's a guy Niyi on LMRC just down the road from you around N16 that comes to quite a few events south based. See if he's willing to lead on a run to the start point. Hell I think he's even signed for for Phils bagels run on Thursday night that's going to Stoke Newington. Some people meeting at Ace on Sunday too for the wessons run unless the rain washes Phil away again.

Cool thanks davey I'll see if I can hunt him down! Sadly ace cafe is in the opposite direction to where I'd need to head to the wessons meet. I'm not sure I can make it either. Don't want to commit to runs unless I'm 100% I can!

Hey Wrench, I'm in Wood Green so not too far at all! I'm thinking of trying to get to Birkhampstead Castle (nearest challenge point!) on a nice weekend day, only about an hour or so away. Don't mind taking a scenic non motorway route if you wanna come? Think there may be a couple of bonus pubs nearby. May not be until end Jan / Feb though my weekends are already getting eaten into!