Lancs to South Wales on L plates.

Oasis

I'm off on my longest trip since I got the 125cc on the 1st of March. Chorley, Lancs to Usk, South Wales.

Not an ideal bike to go on but it'll be an experience! Travelling down Saturday, back on Sunday. I pray my arse last the full trip!

Screenshot_2016-03-31-21-15-17-picsay.png.ab3921ebcc52c50e8de5ea0469292b4d.png

Good luck with that, mate......you'll not be able to sit down for a week after that.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

I'm expecting it to feel like my backsides been to the dentist (don't try and picture that!). :shock:

Thanks mate, hopefully this will convince the wife I need to do the DAS soon and buy a Vmax!

In my defence, there is a reason behind the madness. I love doing long distance, already sailed around half the uk coast in one go (doing the other half when the good lady wife has had a holiday too).

And my mate in Wales is taking me flying while our wives and dogs get shit faced (dogs won't be drinking but there will be lots of bum smelling).

Here's a pic from our last trip.

IMG_0934-picsay.jpg.fdc65e22fc927fc531b42a4e9cee88f0.jpg

I like the look of that trip! When you get going you'll enjoy it. Even when I was on L-plates I discovered the joy of long distance trips on the bike - I love seeing how far i can go, hence why i have a litre sports tourer now. When i was on a 125, i once did Fareham (my home at the time) to Eastbourne and back in a day (2 hours each way). Your butt gets used to it pretty quickly - i was also doing a lot of cycling at the time, so i didn't get a sore backside.

One of my planned routes for this season is to do the entire length of the A272 (a famous biking road on the south coast) I'll be doing Southampton to Lewes along the coast, then inland to pick up the eastern end of the 272. 190 mile journey!

I like the look of that trip! When you get going you'll enjoy it. Even when I was on L-plates I discovered the joy of long distance trips on the bike - I love seeing how far i can go, hence why i have a litre sports tourer now. When i was on a 125, i once did Fareham (my home at the time) to Eastbourne and back in a day (2 hours each way). Your butt gets used to it pretty quickly - i was also doing a lot of cycling at the time, so i didn't get a sore backside.

One of my planned routes for this season is to do the entire length of the A272 (a famous biking road on the south coast) I'll be doing Southampton to Lewes along the coast, then inland to pick up the eastern end of the 272. 190 mile journey!

Really looking forward to it, me and the bike on a long trip. Part of the reason I wanted a bike.

Starting to think an sports tourer is the way forward after I get the license, rather than a cruiser. Although I do like that Yamaha XVS1300!

Hope you have a good trip when you do it. :thumb:

Really looking forward to it, me and the bike on a long trip. Part of the reason I wanted a bike.

Starting to think an sports tourer is the way forward after I get the license, rather than a cruiser. Although I do like that Yamaha XVS1300!

Hope you have a good trip when you do it. :thumb:

Thanks! I'll be up and out early, stop for lunch half way, long ride home.

As regards big bikes after you've got your licence, it depends what kind of riding you enjoy. I've never ridden a cruiser, but i know people who have them and I've sat on one. It was very comfortable, but very heavy. They're good for cruising! The good thing about the Z1000SX is it's almost two bikes in one - comfortable for cruising, but comparatively lightweight and manoeuvrable, and goes like shit off a shovel! 230Kg wet weight, 140bhp. It shifts! Sure, it's not quite in the same sports league as an R1 or a gixer thou, etc, but i wouldn't fancy riding either of those bikes all day.

Oh decisions, decisions! You make a good case for the sports tourer, I do like them so easily swayed. The cruisers look great but then how much does that matter when your on them? But it's the kind of bike I've always been drawn towards.

But some tourers have gadgets, me likes gadgets...oh bollox! I don't know!

Feck it, I'm getting a Honda 90! :lol:

Once I have a bike that doesn't lose 20mph if a swallow farts 2 miles in front of me, I'm up for some big distances if you fancy an epic trip :thumb:

• 6 months later...

hi to yow i am new to this forum and i also ride on l plates once my bike is road worthy small problem of the bike will not idle, cb 125 super dream A reg, refurb....iam from wn8, out wigan area, any long trips planed drop us a line? stigwest..................