East Yorkshire Weekend an invite

raesewell

I have organised an East Yorkshire weekend for the EuroKClub and would like to extend an invite to TMBF members.

Date: 19/20 May 2017

The idea is to turn up on Friday have an evening meal and a few drinks. Saturday ride out of about 150 miles including lunch and coffee stops.

If the overnight stay is not your thing then you are more than welcome to just turn up for the ride or part of the ride.

You can find full details here

http://www.eurokclub.bike/index.php/topic,2028.0.html

Stu this is almost on your doorstep :D

Looks a nice route

I am currently off work for it but all could change I will keep an eye on it and the weather :lol:

Just a little suggestion to the route though if you are interested? when you come down market weighton road instead of turning left on to shipton lane go straight across at the roundabout and keep on market weighton road

There is no enjoyment on shipton lane and can be rather busy and market weighton road will bring you out at the same place :)

Looks a nice route

I am currently off work for it but all could change I will keep an eye on it and the weather :lol:

Just a little suggestion to the route though if you are interested? when you come down market weighton road instead of turning left on to shipton lane go straight across at the roundabout and keep on market weighton road

There is no enjoyment on shipton lane and can be rather busy and market weighton road will bring you out at the same place :)

The reason for the Shipton Lane part of the route is for a comfort break at McDonalds. I know the area pretty well, but thanks for the heads up.

Ah yes I failed to see that :thumb:

Also the Google map is just an indication of the route, Google maps doesn't allow you to put enough waypoints to accurately represent the actual route.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Its now just weather dependant on if I will be there or not :)

What sort of weather is it you don't ride in?

Just the wet stuff

The wife is a different story :roll: if it's below 30 degree's she is cold :lol:

C'mon Stu man up, a bit of rain won't hurt you, that's why you pay lots of dosh for waterproof gear, you might as well get your monies worth. The Yorkshireman in you must want to get the best value out of your motorbike gear. :wink: :D

Here is a link to download the route files. As you probably already know, the .itn file is for older Tomtoms and the .gpx files are for Garmins.

The newer Tomtoms can handle both types of file, but I would advise using the .itn file. The NMW in the route file title signifies No Motorways so set your device to avoid motorways.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkC-5yVQD9HUtelLW2yUhZF97vXZsA

C'mon Stu man up, a bit of rain won't hurt you, that's why you pay lots of dosh for waterproof gear, you might as well get your monies worth. The Yorkshireman in you must want to get the best value out of your motorbike gear. :wink: :D

For the £10 I paid for my waterproof over suit over 10 years ago I have had more than my moneys worth :lol: :lol:

I don't see the point in going out in the rain if I don't need to as there will be other nice days throughout the year :D