2018 UK Challenge 100 - Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

UK Challenge 100 2018

This thread is for discussion regarding the 2018 Challenge 100.

Pictures should be uploaded here: https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65610

Registration is here: https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65608

Enjoy Folks but remember, this is NOT a race!

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

I'll leave that to [mention]Grumpy Old Git[/mention] :D

looking good to me! I need to get planning.

I've un-stickied and locked last year's threads and stickied this years

Don't forget to reset your scores :D

Now I have been to the Loch Tulla view point and this is not anywhere to be seen....

AF1QipPa3Jmn8evjcAP8QY8-UQR1fQDPmaoaa-i_t4xs=h16383-k-s16383

Weird how that comes up on the google maps link. It looks more like this.....

http://www.loweswatercam.co.uk/13062301p.jpg

and it is the car park where there is often a burger van and bag piper. It is also the scene of the very first road accident I attended after I joined the police.

Now I have been to the Loch Tulla view point and this is not anywhere to be seen....

AF1QipPa3Jmn8evjcAP8QY8-UQR1fQDPmaoaa-i_t4xs=h16383-k-s16383

Weird how that comes up on the google maps link. It looks more like this.....

http://www.loweswatercam.co.uk/13062301p.jpg

and it is the car park where there is often a burger van and bag piper. It is also the scene of the very first road accident I attended after I joined the police.

Yarp (I could say I picked that one from your life story but................)

:shock:

Yes to all the above!

But you can't have 'Farm'; depot; shed; burger bar, etc. - keep to the spirit of the Challenge. 8-)

I'm guessing I just find a pub near me with any of the 10 names and these aren't specific pubs in the country.

Yes to all the above!

But you can't have 'Farm'; depot; shed; burger bar, etc. - keep to the spirit of the Challenge. 8-)

I'm guessing I just find a pub near me with any of the 10 names and these aren't specific pubs in the country.

Correct, mate......so long as it's a pub name that's listed, it doesn't matter where in the country it is...... :wink:

I think that the thing to remember about the challenge is that it's just an encouragement to get out on your bike, and maybe explore places that you've never been to before......above all, it's for fun!.... :wink:

Yes to all the above!

Correct, mate......so long as it's a pub name that's listed, it doesn't matter where in the country it is...... :wink:

Cool so I'll find the nicest one in range as might as well enjoy a drink and lunch at them. :cheers:

.....above all, it's for fun!.... :wink:

WHAT, this is serious, after finishing 2nd last year my ambition this time around is to at least make GOG sweat a bit. :shock:

Sorry Guys, After my worse year in 46 years of biking, you have no chance, and as [mention]Stocky[/mention] say's it is serious, :) :) all I have to do is get off these Crutches!!! :oops:

I think there should be extra points for getting the Applecross Inn, although the reward for getting there is a fantastic ride.

It is great road unfortunately I was in the car when I did it.

Did think straight away when looking at the Pub names, have to try for The Applecross Inn, not been over the Pass for awhile, last time was on a Old Honda CB650Z. Another brill road is if you do the Rannoch Smokery, then if you have time carry on to the Rannoch moor station at the end, brilliant bit of road. :D