Fish and Chip run to Whitby

Guest Speedy23

Anybody be up for this? Thinking of a meet up outside the station and thence to fish and chip venue such as the Quayside or the Fishbox. For those of us coming from longer distances, a night's stay, perhaps? There's plenty of choice and price options and some really good pubs (if you like that sort of thing).Some great biking roads in the area as well - A171 from Pickering springs to mind.

Any takers? Be nice to do this before winter sets in.

Cheers

S23

I had been thinking of something very similar, when did you have in mind?

Hi Rae. Not really got a date in mind at the moment but does September-ish sound do-able? But where you come from does good fish and chips, I know 'cos my Mrs is a Bradwegian so we normally go to Salty's in Wibsey. Yorkshire = fish and chip heaven. Whitby = doubly so. But it would be good to meet up for a fish supper & a pint or two.

I have my Stepsons wedding on the 14th September and I am in France with Melanie from the 16th to the 22nd September. Just to give you an idea of my busy social calendar :P

So early October any good, then? Weather should still be OK-ish.

[mention]Speedy23[/mention] usually the best plan is to set a date and those that can attend will do otherwise you will just struggle trying to please everyone!

At running the risk of leaving myself open to muchos ridicule where is Whitby? Google maps shows me Whitby abbey and The Dracula Experience- is that the right Whitby?

pretty much yes

the abbey is at Whitby :)

If you lot are thinking of an over nighter???

Me n r lass stayed in a nice biker friendly spot 6 miles north of Whitby.

Runswick bay hotel.

Couple of boozers local to it and the scenery is stunning.

You can do the hard miles then relax.

At running the risk of leaving myself open to muchos ridicule where is Whitby? Google maps shows me Whitby abbey and The Dracula Experience- is that the right Whitby?

The glorious North Yorkshire Coast......yes, it is THAT Whitby. The Abbey is on the South side of the Esk estuary up the hill.

Its 5 hours away but I’d consider it providing I had my nooo bike sorted by then- I wouldn’t do it on a 125!

Your rough whereabouts? I'm south Midlands so could meet up on the way?

OK......I'll put me toe in the water......does Friday 5th October float anyone's boat? Would leave Midlands at about 1300 aiming to arrive about 1900. Meet up point services at Tamworth jct.10 M42 for the benefit of R nine T riders who might be coming up from the SW....yes, I know, motorways, but........it's OK once you hit the A64. Anybody wanna add some input or offer more suggestions (apart from the obvious ones!)???

if you arrive at 19:00 on October 5th it will be getting dark. sunset at whitby is at 18:28

I would suggest early September.. when theres more chance of warmer weather. and the days are still reasonably long. sunset on the 7th is 19:39 or 14th 19:21

if you arrive at 19:00 on October 5th it will be getting dark. sunset at whitby is at 18:28

I would suggest early September.. when theres more chance of warmer weather. and the days are still reasonably long. sunset on the 7th is 19:39 or 14th 19:21

Point taken - it's just that a couple of people who have expressed an interest have said they're booked up in September......I suppose we could st off earlier, though. But thanks for the input. :thumb:

Still bubbling at the mo.

I can only do Oct and working Mon to Thu Only leaves a Fri and Sat for travel.

But will Abide with the majority.