Campfire, Tents and Motorbikes

Gin

Hullo peeps,

I wanted to start a thread to get an idea of what folks look for in an overnight biking meet; mainly who is ok with sleeping in a field! :D

It's a shame to see the Rally might not happen this year as it's a fairly central point for most TMBF peeps to pin their biking calendar around; where we know we get to see each other and have a few drinks.

So there's a few of us who enjoy meeting up and camping somewhere over a full or partial weekend.

If turning up on bikes at a campsite, hanging out round a campfire / BBQ, chatting into the night with a few drinks before crashing out in tents sounds like something you might be up for this season then this is thread is prob where I'm going to start throwing out locations and dates.

Know any good venues?

Got any awesome ride out routes?

Post them all here and we'll see if we can get some meets sorted :mrgreen:

Guest Richzx6r

That sounds a damn good plan gin, I can think of nothing better than a weekend of camping I would be on my own as the missus refuses to camp in any way shape or form which is a shame but hey ho more enjoyment for me then, as for locations I'm up in sunderland so we have north yorks moors and pennines which I'm sure would offer some very nice locations, but it depends on how far people are willing/wanting to travel.

Me personally I would think nothing of riding the length of the country but I know that wouldnt be for everyone

I would camp anywhere, fire Pitt is a bonus but I'm easy, walking distance to a pub is good, my idea of walking distance to pub is anything under 5 miles :D

My problem is distance to camping spots I don't mind north but I come out in a nervous rash the further south I get lol

This is my best camping equipment. It has a comfortable bed, shower, WC, well stocked bar, restaurant, breakfast buffet in the morning, warm in winter, cool in summer and can also get laundry done. :cheers:

JJuSxqh.jpg

Canvas and sleeping bags! :puke:

I know a great place near Wigton Cumbria which is a pub/hotel with a campsite but the location might be a bit far for some.

Pop the name up

It might work for one trip you never know

plus I am looking for a place in Cumbria :mrgreen:

I know a great place near Wigton Cumbria which is a pub/hotel with a campsite but the location might be a bit far for some.

Pop the name up

It might work for one trip you never know

plus I am looking for a place in Cumbria :mrgreen:

Here you go Stu I have been here with a group and also myself and my wife have been a couple of times. Good hosts good food with chips that have never seen a freezer :D

https://wheyrigg.co.uk/

I will camp providing there is a B&B :lol:

^ ^ ^ This all sounds like Rally venues, which is for Stu to arrange :P

Will start looking at places in the next week or so and float some ideas. :D

Need to start working out where people are in the country, [mention]Bender[/mention] where are you based?

I will camp providing there is a B&B :lol:

^ ^ ^ This all sounds like Rally venues, which is for Stu to arrange :P

Will start looking at places in the next week or so and float some ideas. :D

Need to start working out where people are in the country, @Bender where are you based?

Newcastle.