Peak District National Park

dynax

Anyone been to either the Ladybower or Yondermann cafes, looking at venturing a bit further from home, and these look doable in a few hours there and back home, with a decent length of time to stop for a brew :cheers:

Yondermans is very good, no frills just decent grub. Ladybower, if you go to the official cafe,nice views but a bit pricey if you go to the layby a hundred meters past the turn into ladybower cheaper but not many seats.

Thanks, not bothered about food, will have my lunch before i set off, as it will have to be an afternoon ride out, so just a mug of coffee and stretching of legs will do me :thumb:

Well if your going over the snake, there's a decent cafe in glossop, turn left at the lights in middle of glossop a624 towards Buxton's. Cafe on the left 100y from x read.

Well if your going over the snake, there's a decent cafe in glossop, turn left at the lights in middle of glossop a624 towards Buxton's. Cafe on the left 100y from x read.

Cheers, might save that for another time, i'm still running in the engine :lol: , don't want to venture too far, can only do around a 3 hour round trip :thumb:

Right then, the plan is a ride out Sunday afternoon, going to have a light lunch, don't want to fall asleep, like i do after one of my roasts :lol: , need to adapt the sat nax mount, to fit on the newly fitted accessory bar :thumb: , i have an idea about that 8-) , it's an old sat nav 12 years plus, but works fine :D , i have an excuse to get the bike out tomorrow to get some bits and bobs, be rude not to, but all the above is subject to change, and the admin reserve the right to amend, any of the above :shock: :scratch:

Looking good so far, moved Xena to the front, camera gear ready :thumb: , later this morning will give Xena a dust and polish ( any excuse to caress her gentle curves ), and should be setting off around 12-30ish :thumb: expect to get onto Snake Road around 2ish, and heading towards Hope Woodland car park, :cheers:

Firstly apologies to anyone who,might have been waiting, secondly, not quite a disaster, could have been worse, the ride into Rotheram was fine, got into sheffield centre, no problem, then the bloody roadworks, sat nav was freaking out, and tried sending me onto the motorway, went to meadowhall 3 times via 3 different routes, plenty of cars trying to kill me, then got to the point of having had enough, and pulled over, reset the sat nav to take me home, still not happy and tried sending me to the motorway, saw a distant sign for Barnsley, started in that direction, a few miles down the road, see another sign for Rotheram, heads in that direction, eventually get to an industrial area, but the road was like something you would see on an oscilloscope, at which point one of my panniers jumped off it's bracket, and got wedged under the back wheel but still fixed to the bottom part of the bracket, got that back together, but was a bit wary from then on, trying to avoid any big bumps, then something started rattling, haven't found that yet, then coming back into Doncaster, more people trying to kill me, my first major ride out, was certainly an experience, and not altogether bad, but i think i will try and avoid long midweek rides, i should probably save these runs for Sunday afternoons :lol: :thumb: :cheers: