Monster Ride: 29th June - 3rd July - CANCELLED due to work..

I have a week off later this month so on the dates of 29th June til 3rd July I will be out on the bike with the other half as pillion, taking in some miiiint Yorkshire and Lincolnshire roads.

Each night we're staying at a member of the family's house, but if anyone wants to join in the day's riding, they are more than welcome and the more the merrier!

Here's the plan:-

Sunday 29th June: Kendal to Pickering via Hawes

Monday 30th June: Pickering to Lincoln via Scarborough, Filey, Brid, Hornsea, Spurn Point and Hull

Tuesday 1st July: Rest day

Wednesday 2nd July: Lincoln to Matlock Bath via Worksop (staying in Chesterfield)

Thursday 3rd July: Chesterfield to Kendal via Wetherby, Harrogate and Skipton (A59/A65)

Anyone fancying riding with us would be most welcome. Also, if anyone is out and about in an evening at any of the destinations (Matlock Bath on the Wednesday in particular), we'd love to meet up.

Jadey.

Edited by The Jade Mongoose

im off for 2 weeks during that time so if the weathers good i will meet up with you :)

Nice one mate, speak to you closer to the time to arrange the finer details!

QB its a bummer you're at work, but at least i'll hopefully get to meet you up in The Lakes in July.

JM.

quick question though why spurn point :? is it just to take a look or do you know some really good hidden roads :? every road i have been on near there is crap :?

quick question though why spurn point :? is it just to take a look or do you know some really good hidden roads :? every road i have been on near there is cr@p :?

Yeah, my girlfriend wants to take a look. I've not riden the coastal roads from Filey to the Humber Bridge before so thought that section might be good. Spurn point would just be a little de-tour before we go over the bridge and down to Lincoln really.

Philk - it would be good to have you along for that day, i reckoned it would be about 150 miles, but plenty of stops. Should be a good day out as you say.

Para, sorry about that mate. I will have to bob down you your neck of the woods and have a rideout with you sometime - got really jealous of those piccys of wales!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to all who were thinking of coming along on this one, but i now have to work 2 out of the 4 days so we won't be going i'm afraid. Still got wednesday/thursday/friday off so if the weather's nice we might be out in the Yorkshire region for a day trip.

Once again sorry to all who were thinking of coming along.

Matt