17 Oct'09 - Lake District

Guest steve_n.yorks

Hi guys

Seeing that the weekend is looking pleasantly favourable i'm gunna be making the most of it and gunna have a long run out to the Lake District.

I'll be at Pool Petrol Station - just outside Otley at 10am

I'm good for a full day.

Take care, ride safe

I'm travelling across from otley - harrogate - ripon - masham - bedale - hawes - sedbergh then drop into windermere.

Once at windermere was going to go kirkstone pass to ulswater then maybe a return run?

To be honest have not decided what route around the lakes i'm taking until i get there so i'm free to meet up at any point.

Let me know where you are and what time - i'll see if it works with me

it seems the usual crew have other plans, last minute and all that..

I could be up for a ride, just waiting to see how much the cars gonna cost..

if your going to Hawes, i would recommend taking the road to ingleton, fantastic road, left up the hill after the petrol station... in ingleton go straight over the first junction, and then at the pub/main road take a right to Kirkby Lonsdale...

come down the hill past the camera (40) and take the right into the car park, at Devils Bridge.. if i am out i could meet you there, will PM my number

then into the lakes, you could do the scenic route up to keswick through windymere, ambleside to keswick, and then over to penrith Brough and home,

or kirkston pass, ullswater into penrith...

the back roads are full of BMW GS and Tractors this time of year...

We're meeting at LA23 3DN, Rayrigg Road Petrol Station..

1230-1300 meetup should do it, I have Steve's Number, and he has mine.

if anyone wants to tag along..

so far..

Steve.

Matt & Louise (Jade Mongoose)

Simon , (Me)

What time roughly d'you reckon youll be at Kirkstone - was planning a ride out that way someime this weekend.

Could catch up at a coffee stop before I head back.

Got to be in Carlisle in me high heels by about 4 tho........... :roll:

kirkstone's 'bout 30 mins from Rayrigg Motors... so 1.30

in heels... ooohhh how posh..... :lol:

Had a good run today, met up with Steve (Steve.N.Yorks) and Matt (Jade Mongoose) at Rayrigg Motors, Windermere, went up to Kirkstone Inn, to meet Carole (wiggleit), who had been waiting at another Kirkstone Car Park... travelled up the side of Ullswater to Rheged, for a brew, and natter..

Carole left for her Girls nite out, and we headed for Penrith & Langwathby..

took the following route

Penrith, Langwathby, Culgaith, B6412, Temple Sowerby, Kings Meatburn, B6260 Orton, Tebay. A685, towards kendal, then turned onto the B6257, and then onto to kendal, and Kirkby lonsdale, then made are own ways home..

the Tebay-Kendal road was ace, but I wasn't impressed by the B6257, a lot of bumps, and mostly single track, the road from Temple Sowerby to Orton, was great some long straights, plenty of visibilty and the scenery was bad either..

Si... just a quick line to thank you, matt an carole for the meet-up and welcome to the area.

I enjoyed the day, although that B6257 was a bit harsh on my wrists and back !! - leave that road for the 'cruisers' I say.

Anyway, got home safe and sound - the Guiness went down a storm saturday night !!!

......till next time, ta ta for now :D

Was a good day - nice to meet you Steve and good to catch up with Simon n Matt again.

Fabulous weather and that run back down Kirkstone and along to Penrith nicely stretched my 'comfort zone'....just what I needed :thumb: :thumb:

Oh...and I missed my train..too long in the bath... :lol: