Barnsley area

Morning all,

Just wondered if there were any riders on the forum who are in or around the Barnsley area?

Recently just bought my first bike after passing CBT and was maybe thinking after I've gained some experience on her and feeling more confident, if there was anyone out there who fancied rides out.

I was a little hesitant to ask with me being new on the bike scene and riding with L plates (and also being female lol).

Thanks, Hayley

Sorry for the late reply. I was waiting for someone closer to you to reply.

I'm in Normanton and get out a fair bit, so if you are ever in my area let me know. Squires would be a good place for you to ride to.

• 2 weeks later...

I from Hull but always end up riding out on my own. Usually end up around Doncaster (Robin Hood Airport, abit of a plane spotter too) if I go out that way so if there was a definite meet/ride going on I wouldn't mind going abit further.

Only passed DAS 3 month ago and ride a 600cc Honda Hornet.

Hello. I myself is a newbe with L Plate, from Sheffield. Please let me know if you are going to be in this area. Barnsley is not far from us. Best wishes. Htin

I live in Leeds but always ride as far down south as Derby, so distance is never an issue.

I already passed my test but i have a 125 too , if you're after some scenic routes to explore, give me a shout!

There are also some meets that happen around "Hope Valley/Cat n Fiddle Inn (derbyshire)" , its another good way to add some miles & meet others too!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I'm still getting used to the bike. I couldn't get on with the clutch at first but after adjusting it, I seem to be getting on much better. Still building confidence and I don't quite feel ready to spread my wings outside of Barnsley yet.

Hayley x

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum as well as biking (passed by Direct Access last December) and I'm looking to get out more on ride-outs to enjoy the countryside and gain more experience (preferably on a weekend) if anyone's interested?

What area of Leeds are you based Wanda?

I'm on an old Fazer 600.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks everyone - you're all too kind :)

Been away from the site for a while, but back now. Bike is going in for a recall - starter magnetic switch malfunction. Once she's been in i'll get out and about and possibly get in touch.

Thanks everyone - you're all too kind :)

Been away from the site for a while, but back now. Bike is going in for a recall - starter magnetic switch malfunction. Once she's been in i'll get out and about and possibly get in touch.

Starter failures always succeed in p*ssing me right off. That and battery failures. They always pick the worst moment to do it.

• 1 year later...

Hi Hayley, i live in the barnsley area, i also have a Niece who as not long since passed her test.

if you ever want to go out let me know and i will see if my niece will make one.

• 3 months later...

I'm in Sheffield and always up for a ride out and will travel for one, not on here much so if you or anyone else fancies a ride out feel free to message me on instagram: Jricho1 or snapchat: jack.r97 ☺