Cat & Fiddle - Sun 10th Sept

Post here all planned ride outs and meets for this area.
2WheelSolo
Bike(s): BMW R1200 RT
Has Liked: 22 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Cat & Fiddle - Sun 10th Sept

#16 Post by 2WheelSolo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Just checked the weather for tomorrow (Met Office App) and it looks mostly dry if cloudy in the morning, getting worse as we go through the day. But there are no guarantees either way. I'll be going for the ride whatever the weather but if any of you look out the window in the morning and don't like what you see I won't take it personally if you decide to give it a miss. Should be a good ride whatever happens and I look forward to welcoming anyone who does make it. :thumb:
2WheelSolo - 2016 BMW R1200 RT

You can also find me on Twitter or YouTube

UK Challenge 100 No. 210

"Living life on the steep part of the learning curve."

goody
Bike(s): honda vtr firestorm
Has Liked: 95 times
Been Liked: 80 times

#17 Post by goody » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:00 am

Sorry lads just sat down after a long shift (didn't realise it was this late lol) so won't make the meet points,if I do get out early enough I,ll head that way and see if I see you on route,if not hopefully catch ya next time
Sometimes you find your self in the middle of nowhere and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself

2WheelSolo
Bike(s): BMW R1200 RT
Has Liked: 22 times
Been Liked: 33 times

#18 Post by 2WheelSolo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Great ride today. Weather was not perfect, a bit dull and overcast, and the roads were a bit damp but it didn't rain and traffic wasn't too bad so can't ask for much more at this time of year. It turned out just to be two of us, myself and Pie Man (I guess we BMW riders are a bit more hardy than some other types) but it was a route Pie Man hadn't done before so that was good and we both enjoyed the ride.

Here is the obligatory picture of our bikes at the Cat and Fiddle pub and below is a link to a video showing the section from Macclesfield to the pub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_3ZUCPTx6E
2WheelSolo - 2016 BMW R1200 RT

You can also find me on Twitter or YouTube

UK Challenge 100 No. 210

"Living life on the steep part of the learning curve."

Rich675
Been Liked: 1 time

#19 Post by Rich675 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Sorry I didn't make this, weather wasn't to great and as much as I don't like to admit is I'm definitely a fare weather rider. Hope you had fun and will hopefully get on the next one 👍

Pie man
Bike(s): Bavarian Mudslinger
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 5 times

#20 Post by Pie man » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Enjoyed the ride today :thumb: . It was good to meet up with 2WheelSolo. The route from Buxton back to Lymm was a road I had never taken before; thanks to 2WheelSolo for that one :cheers: . Great video, good to see I still can't ride after 36 years of picking up bad habits :mrgreen: At 8.04 is where I was hit head on back in 2014 :shock:

It's a pity the FWR's never made it :arrow: There was even a curvy ladies group riding out over to Wales leaving from Lymm this morning :lol:

Westbeef
I torque a lot!
Bike(s): CBR600F Sport
Challenge score: 40
Has Liked: 296 times
Been Liked: 583 times

#21 Post by Westbeef » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Sorry didn't make it lads ended up pretty hammered last night :lol: not a fair weather rider though just a lightweight :thumb: