Ron Haslam race school.

Good idea, like the sound of that :D

Spoke to some guys recently who had done it and it was a nice intro to trackdays but they thought CSS might be a bit better as you get more time on track. I think it'd be a fun half day and costs half the price of CSS.

I think it's about 280 bucks for half a day, but that includes using their bikes/tyres etc and whatever level of instruction that includes. I'm up for that having never done a track day before.

That's bloody expensive for a trackday, Silverstone only charge £99 to use your own bike for the entire day

I don't want to use my own bike :bike: And i suppose it's the tuition aswell. It says "personal" but i don't know how personal that really is. It'd be nice to have someone who knows their stuff pointing out mistakes etc though.

The elite sessions are a whole day and 1 on 1 tuition for £380. But yiou have to have completed the basic one withing two years first.

I like the idea of coughing up for my first time and then having some experience and pointers i'll feel better about using my own bike (with track plastics!).

I'd like to do something like this, and have heard good things about California super bike as well...

Although TBH I think I'd rather do a trackday first then if I like it, commit to several hundreds worth for training..

Guest philgale

i intend doing the california superbike school next year if funds allow. its about 400 quid but thats 20 mins class session 20 mins track session then 20 min break every hour so you get a lot of tuition.

I did a track day with the IAM this year - used my own bike and it was only £120, one tank of fuel and 1 tutor for every 5 riders, who rode every session with you. on top of this, people who race then tutored the groups between sessions. Everyone was encouraged to only go at 80% of their maximum, so there were no nutters going round (like there were on the other track day that same day, which had most of the world superbike riders out on the circuit with pretty much race spec bikes). Great day, great tuition (aimed towards skills you can then use on the road) and still the opportunity to go over 120mph without worrying about losing your license....

p.s. oh, and noone fell off. unlike the other track day in which there was at least one faller per hour....

p.p.s normal insurance covers it, as it's "additional training"

Guest philgale
May well be up for this, I like the bit about not using your own bike.

surely people should like the idea of using there own bike for what it was actually made for....

i wouldnt like to use someone elses bike, i like spanking my own. even tempted to take the bandit out for at least 1 session of a track day....may do it next summer. and ill make sure i go out with full luggage on :lol:

May well be up for this, I like the bit about not using your own bike.

surely people should like the idea of using there own bike for what it was actually made for....

i wouldnt like to use someone elses bike, i like spanking my own. even tempted to take the bandit out for at least 1 session of a track day....may do it next summer. and ill make sure i go out with full luggage on :lol:

But what if you send 8 or 9k somersaulting down the tarmac? I'd slit my wrists.

Guest philgale

its all relative if you can afford a 8 9k bike you can afford to fix it.

when i crashed at donny last another guy crashed his desmo, a 50k bike....we worked out he caused about 15k worth of damage to it...

its all relative if you can afford a 8 9k bike you can afford to fix it.

when i crashed at donny last another guy crashed his desmo, a 50k bike....we worked out he caused about 15k worth of damage to it...

ouch

think id rather use their bike though :lol: even a slide down the track would be gutting :(

Guest philgale

you know what, your only likely to crash on track if you push your limits same as on the road. if you know your limits and just enjoy the fact there are no speed cameras around you will be fine.

no need to go out setting lap records unless your happy crashing

you know what, your only likely to crash on track if you push your limits same as on the road. if you know your limits and just enjoy the fact there are no speed cameras around you will be fine.

no need to go out setting lap records unless your happy crashing

That thought had occured. I just know that a suicidal pidgeon would decide to end it all the one time i'm not insured.

I suppose though if i get some dofferent plastics, or something, it'll reduce the consequences of any small mishaps.

Guest philgale

if your worried about that i dont know why you ride a bike....

plenty people take there bike on track in novice and chill for the day, you only crash when you push the limits

Not sure if you can use your own bike on that Haslam day. CSS offer the choice. Another thing with hiring to consider is the excess can be huge.

Lots of the track days will have instructors around who are happy to take you out for a session or two, you'd also get a lot more time on track than with a school but it wouldn't be as structured. Personally I found having the time out on track at my own pace for a few hours worked better than sitting in a classroom but each to their own...

Phil have you got sliders fitted to the panniers? :P

Guest philgale

:lol: no mate but may need them...

on another note people wanting to do a track day but not on your bike why not hire one...

smallboys hire a cd500 for about 100 quid the day which includes fuel tyres and someone changing the wheels if weather changes no need to service it and if you do crash pay the excess and walk away knowing its not your problem

if your worried about that i dont know why you ride a bike....

plenty people take there bike on track in novice and chill for the day, you only crash when you push the limits

Well I only worry because I need enough wonga in the bank each month to pay the mortgage :s