Ashley Martin Memorial Ride - 11th May 2014

Another date for the calendar.......Sunday 11th May 2014...Ashley Martin Memorial Ride in support of Magpas...... 8-)

Waterbeach, Cambs (A10) to Hunstanton Sea Front

There is a new start point this year....and also a £5 registration fee......so anyone planning on going should register beforehand......follow the link below..... 8-)

We've done this that last few years and there is normally a good turnout of bikes....... 8-)

If anyone locally is planning on going post below and we'll make rendezvous arrangements ahead of time..... 8-)

http://www.ashleymartinmemorialrideout. ... y2014.html

THIS YEAR I AM DOING THIS!!

Year before last when I was new to biking it was my friend's hen do the day before and was still rough on the day, and last year (as in 2013!) I was just getting back on my 125 and shitting myself at just riding down the road!

THIS YEAR, BOB!!! :mrgreen:

I'm at work :(

That's a shame mate.......it's been a pretty good rideout over the last few years....... :)

We'll have to organise a Start of Season get together somewhere centrally at when the weather improves..... 8-)

Im up for that.. I live pretty close to waterbeach and the A10 is just out the top of my road :D

Well i say im in.. Thats concidering my bike is still running by then :lol:

184 miles for me :(

I might try and make it if there's a fair few TMBFers going but it's nearly 5 hours each way :(

I could try and do some of the UK challenge thingy while i'm around there :D

Yeah....it's a fair old run from your place Ricky...... :shock:

We'll be arranging a Beginning of Season meet maybe a bit before then (weather permitting) which will hopefully be a bit closer to you...... 8-)

Yeah....it's a fair old run from your place Ricky...... :shock:

We'll be arranging a Beginning of Season meet maybe a bit before then (weather permitting) which will hopefully be a bit closer to you...... 8-)

Hmmmm, I'd go to that :) weather permitting :P

I'm also awaiting the rally dates :P

:cheers:

It's being worked on Ricky......but following the slightly disappointing attendance at last years rally we may have to rejig it a bit.......and dates are fairly critical this year as a certain forum owner is getting married in July..... :wink:

It's being worked on Ricky......but following the slightly disappointing attendance at last years rally we may have to rejig it a bit.......and dates are fairly critical this year as a certain forum owner is getting married in July..... :wink:

honeymoon rally the weekend of the wedding then :yay:

I might try and make it if there's a fair few TMBFers going but it's nearly 5 hours each way :(

184 miles seams alot when you say it. But personally, i dont think its all that bad..

i ride a 74 mile round trip to see my son and friends, quite often.

Well not so much this time of year, but in the warmer weather, i do that trip 3 - 4 times a week..

I know 74 miles isnt 184, but its amazing to realise i do 74 miles 3 or 4 times a week, the journey doesnt seam that long..

Takes me 45mins or so, going through 30mph towns etc..

So 184 miles on a clean, straight road.. wouldnt feel that bad to me personally.

184 miles seams alot when you say it. But personally, i dont think its all that bad..

Well not so much this time of year, but in the warmer weather, i do that trip 3 - 4 times a week..

I know 74 miles isnt 184, but its amazing to realise i do 74 miles 3 or 4 times a week, the journey doesnt seam that long..

So 184 miles on a clean, straight road.. wouldnt feel that bad to me personally.

184 miles is a trek! :lol:

No motorways so I'm literally in towns and villages the whole way at 30 MPH it takes forever!

It's not just the time I'm riding for on my bike, I love being on it it's the comfort of a 125 which is horrible when I finally got back from market Rasen I have never been so happy so get off my bike and just collapse on my bed...

The seat is made of shit, I'm quite tall so the position I'm sat in is just shit, the suspension is quite stiff so little potholes in the road destroy my back :P

But the weather in October when we went there was beautiful which is what kept me going :P

184 miles is a trek! :lol:

No motorways so I'm literally in towns and villages the whole way at 30 MPH it takes forever!

It's not just the time I'm riding for on my bike, I love being on it it's the comfort of a 125 which is horrible when I finally got back from market Rasen I have never been so happy so get off my bike and just collapse on my bed...

The seat is made of shit, I'm quite tall so the position I'm sat in is just shit, the suspension is quite stiff so little potholes in the road destroy my back :P

But the weather in October when we went there was beautiful which is what kept me going :P

Ah yeah. Where as im sittin in an up-right position, nice padded seat, My bike is very comfortable to ride on long journeys..

Sometimes i feel its too comfortable though.

A couple of times ive nearly rear ended a car at a junction, due to being half day-dreaming from where im so relaxed and comfortable.. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very tempted to join you all as I have that day off, but it's just the long trip to Cambridge that's putting me off can you join along the journey or is it just from the starting point?

Yeah....Hartford Mill could be a good rendezvous point for some of us..... 8-) The meeting time at Waterbeach is 9am.....but it doesn't specify the departure time.....so we may want to arrive there for just after 9......so, I'd suggest depart 8:30 from Hartford? That should get us over to Waterbeach around the right time...... 8-)