Best roads/rides in East Anglia

So just curious to find what you all have discovered... So I can go have a ride.

My Gav is Diss to Southwold via metfield. Or Norwich to Holt.

Lots of b road blats also but these two are my normal rides.

Our favourite is the B660 which we pick up off the old A1 near Glatton (Cambs) and follow it over to Kimbolton.......then right onto the B645 across towards Higham Ferrers and pick up the A6 towards Bedford. Then turn left off the A6 at Sharnbrooke (Beds) towards Thurleigh....then left for a little bit of B660 again and then right turn towards Bushmead and into St Neots......and then left and head for the Town Centre Market Square for a coffee...... 8-) 8-)

you do all that trip just to get to st,neots bob??

when you can just turn off near one stop shop in godmanchester, ride through the village and arrive into st.neots :lol:

you do all that trip just to get to st,neots bob??

when you can just turn off near one stop shop in godmanchester, ride through the village and arrive into st.neots :lol:

LOL.....that's the SHORT route Allan...... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best road around near me is The Gil Gales.. A back road from Littleport to Ely Town Center :D

Smoothest and grippies road around, No muck ever to be found, and really really bendy..

But the short straights between each bend is long enough to pick up some speed and smile :D

And with the road signs showing National Speed Limit... Isnt that about 82mph??? :lol: Which out of pure coincidence, happens to be my top speed :lol:

The back roads from Cambs to Ipswich are pretty good - via Haverhill/Sudbury. Otherwise there are loads of good ones around Newmarket so long as they're not clogged up with horses. :-s

• 1 month later...
Our favourite is the B660 which we pick up off the old A1 near Glatton (Cambs) and follow it over to Kimbolton.......then right onto the B645 across towards Higham Ferrers and pick up the A6 towards Bedford. Then turn left off the A6 at Sharnbrooke (Beds) towards Thurleigh....then left for a little bit of B660 again and then right turn towards Bushmead and into St Neots......and then left and head for the Town Centre Market Square for a coffee...... 8-) 8-)

i need to come out with you guys this spring/summer, im desperate to find some decent rides, get bored out on my own searching for a decent road

i need to come out with you guys this spring/summer, im desperate to find some decent rides, get bored out on my own searching for a decent road

No probs mate....we're out most weekends if the weather is OK..... 8-) We'll post in the Cambs rideout section when we're planning a run.

Check out some of the other runs we've already got planned to see if they are of any interest..... 8-)

• 1 month later...