Meet the Shandy Drinkers - 12th April

The plan is to meet Phil Young and some of the other shandy drinking southerners near Ongar in Essex, and then ride up a route with them to Haverhill.

So I guess we'd be looking at leaving Huntingdon area around 10am.

If anyone's interested please post below and we'll arrange meeting points and times.

Meeting Phil and the others here:

MEET LOCATION:

The Woodman - Shepherd Neame

155 London Road, Stanford Rivers

Ongar, Essex CM5 9QF

12pm

Obviously all subject to the weather..... :wink:

Sounds good to me if you don't mind me joining you. Be good to put some miles on the bike :)

If not we'll have our own ride! With blackjack! And hookers!

Well more bike work tomorrow including new pads and major chain cleanage :D But will be there, Even if i have to get some roller blades and hold onto someone :D

Well more bike work tomorrow including new pads and major chain cleanage :D But will be there, Even if i have to get some roller blades and hold onto someone :D

If you do bring your roller blades... I don't mind you holding on to me :lol:

Talking of maintenance... I better find something around the house to keep my rear brake caliper attached :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will the Northerners be bringing Hovis sandwiches to share ?

Errrm, it's all about the 'barm cakes' apparently....f*cking BARM CAKES! :lol: IT'S A BREAD ROLL GODDAMNIT!

...count me in in a year or 2 when I get a full license and a proper bike! :mrgreen:

Errrm, it's all about the 'barm cakes' apparently....f*cking BARM CAKES! :lol: IT'S A BREAD ROLL GODDAMNIT!

...count me in in a year or 2 when I get a full license and a proper bike! :mrgreen:

Hitch a lift on the back of fozzies.. No excuses! Lol

Hitch a lift on the back of fozzies.. No excuses! Lol

He's not keen and my knee starts hurting after a bit. Tho tbf the last ride it got really bad on was a looong motorway run...

Bah I miss meeting up with other bikers. I don't trust my 125 on long journies til the steering bearings and clutch are sorted (or I get a new bike), and most people don't want a 125 tag-along anyway! I can understand tbf.

Next year will be my year for doing my test and upgrading and joining others for rides...lots to save for atm

If you do bring your roller blades... I don't mind you holding on to me :lol:

Well thats an offer i can refuse ;)

I would offer to take you but i have never taken a pillion and im a shit enough rider as it is hah!

I would offer to take you but i have never taken a pillion and im a shit enough rider as it is hah!

Haha, not fishing for offers - just a bit frustrated not being able to do stuff I wanna do - but thanks lovely! And don't be silly, you're not a shit rider, I've been behind ya :thumb:

He's not keen and my knee starts hurting after a bit. Tho tbf the last ride it got really bad on was a looong motorway run...

Things have got a lot better since then... now I have a proper satnav with way points :mrgreen:

His call but today, me, Joe & Raabey had a 4hr twisty ride. Very good it was. And that route isn't half as good as this essex run.

Things have got a lot better since then... now I have a proper satnav with way points :mrgreen:

His call but today, me, Joe & Raabey had a 4hr twisty ride. Very good it was. And that route isn't half as good as this essex run.

Aww, bless ya! It's not that - Fozzles has lost his enthusiasm for biking atm - I think due to the RR (which was his proper pride and joy) being stolen, then knocked off his CBR600F etc, insurance going through the roof too....can't really blame him. Is a huge shame though :(

If you're all hanging round chatting for a while at the meeting point I could get the train or something. Would just like to see you all and have a catch up, see some bikes and get all excited! - and see some of the lovely Cambridge peeps too - really miss Tango, Bonniebird and co 8-)

If it rains, I'll take you up in the car lol.

How will ya get your bike there?? :lol: And I'm guessing it'd get cancelled anyway if it rains.......

Indeed.

You could hitch a ride though with enough people going...