The Great East Anglia October Meet

Following on from this thread https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68028&start=30, here are the proposed details:

Place The Bunbury Arms, Great Barton* https://tinyurl.com/whatagreatmeet

Date Thursday 25th Oct

Time from 6:30pm to 9 or half past, I reckon.

All welcome. Come and eat, or come for a drink. See for yourself wehther goat has real limbs or not.

I can be there. If we can get a couple more, it's definite :thumb:

[mention]goat[/mention] [mention]Slowlycatchymonkey[/mention] [mention]Mr Fro[/mention] ?

*I've never been to the pub, but it's easy to find and has a large car park. Should be fine.

Looking less likely for me. Was hoping bike would be back this week but is due to be delivered back Wednesday 24th. Need to give it a good check over and minor service before running it out anywhere, so depends on what time I get my greasy paws on it.

Find a pub or BnB and go back in the morning.

Or have a little ride out in the dark soon before the 25th to get you over that hump and see if your feeling confident enough before committing.

I had a little fear of that myself, then when I did it I felt silly cos it’s no biggie. You might find the same.

Find a pub or BnB and go back in the morning.

Or have a little ride out in the dark soon before the 25th to get you over that hump and see if your feeling confident enough before committing.

I had a little fear of that myself, then when I did it I felt silly cos it’s no biggie. You might find the same.

Good advice. Will anyone else be staying over?

Me n my other half will be, not there but close by.

Okay, I'll see of there's a cheap BnB nearby and then decide what to do :shock: :thumb:

This is obvious but I’ll say it anyway. If you decide to go for a BnB pick one with good parking where your precious bike won’t be left out on the street!

Looking less likely for me. Was hoping bike would be back this week but is due to be delivered back Wednesday 24th. Need to give it a good check over and minor service before running it out anywhere, so depends on what time I get my greasy paws on it.

You don’t have to come on your bike. I’m most likely going to be in a van, unless the weather is unseasonably pleasant.

Course if youre frightened your swivelling eyeball head combo can’t handle the biscuit chat then best hob nob off. :lol:

Me n my other half will be, not there but close by.

Okay, I'll see of there's a cheap BnB nearby and then decide what to do :shock: :thumb:

This is obvious but I’ll say it anyway. If you decide to go for a BnB pick one with good parking where your precious bike won’t be left out on the street!

Well, I'm booked up around the corner in a hotel with a nice car park. I can cancel up to 22/10 (its with booking.com) so I'll monitor the weather in the interim!

Are you two going to be using whatever your bike transport is?

You don’t have to come on your bike. I’m most likely going to be in a van, unless the weather is unseasonably pleasant.

Course if youre frightened your swivelling eyeball head combo can’t handle the biscuit chat then best hob nob off. :lol:

Car is in Norwich at the mo so it's bike or walk.

Well, I'm booked up around the corner in a hotel with a nice car park. I can cancel up to 22/10 (its with booking.com) so I'll monitor the weather in the interim!

Are you two going to be using whatever your bike transport is?

Good plan, if anyone had told me I’d spend my time insesantly weather watching I would have told them they’re bonkers, then I got a bike...

Likely be in the works van or I’ll be stranded while the works done on 9T

If your staying over consider a look around this place before the bimble home https://krazyhorse.co.uk

[mention]goat[/mention] A mere days trek on foot :shock: bit tricky if you don’t have feet though :lol:

Most enjoyable pursuits seem to involve the bashing of common sense into a small padlocked box, probably wouldn’t be travelling for hours to get some mudguards if it wasn’t for a healthy disregard for being sensible and now that’s mushroomed into meeting up, time off and going to the Krazy Horse at some point. Down with common sense :lol: