Has anyone ever moved out of the UK permanently?

leener

American problems

https://i.imgur.com/nLLUurJ.gif' alt='IMGUR>'>

I haven't even begun to decide what gun I'll buy first :cry:

Bikes seemed like the higher priority...

You've a lot of naturalizing to do 😁

Apparently, lots of UK citizens are seriously considering moving to Canada, following the Brexit cuffuffle.

I've thought about this a fair bit. I'm willing to stay for a bit after 2019, but if it get truly awful I should be able to get into Canada with little problem (family over there plus job skills in demand). Alternatively, I qualify for Irish citizenship, so I may simply send off and pay for that then move over there.

I'm seriously considering the move... But where to? :scratch: As a software developer, I want to find some work, but no idea about visas, culture, languages. Only one way to find out, and that is to do it.

Never want to come back to the UK, ever.

Somewhere cold would be nice :) . I can't stand the muggy summers in the UK - I'd rather be on an iceberg, in which case I will consult some eskimo people.

It's really interesting to hear other people's stories about moving abroad, what they did, and about fitting in.

Apparently, lots of UK citizens are seriously considering moving to Canada, following the Brexit cuffuffle.

If you're a software developer then The Netherlands is the place!

My youngest son who's a front end developer has lived in Groningen for 4 years.....he just got head hunted by another big outfit there and starts with them next month.

A few months ago he turned down a gig with IBM!

I'm seriously considering the move... But where to? :scratch: As a software developer, I want to find some work, but no idea about visas, culture, languages. Only one way to find out, and that is to do it.

Never want to come back to the UK, ever.

Somewhere cold would be nice :) . I can't stand the muggy summers in the UK - I'd rather be on an iceberg, in which case I will consult some eskimo people.

It's really interesting to hear other people's stories about moving abroad, what they did, and about fitting in.

If you're a software developer then The Netherlands is the place!

My youngest son who's a front end developer has lived in Groningen for 4 years.....he just got head hunted by another big outfit there and starts with them next month.

A few months ago he turned down a gig with IBM!

Netherlands looks like a good idea. Probably a really good place for long rides, too.

I'd definitely want to go somewhere with a lot of nice countryside.

Sounds like your son has landed on his feet. Do you know what kind of software he works on? **googling jobs abroad**

He was designing bespoke applications for a media company there.....now moving across to a mobile communications company.

Where he is, Groningen, is pretty much an IT hub in NL. Wages are high there......but so is the cost of living.

And they do have a tendency to drive their cars into canals for some reason.

21316435_1463867607067140_103661573037040384_o.thumb.jpg.a7335c1e1e56e7eabb1bd2ca4c3ad854.jpg

He was designing bespoke applications for a media company there.....now moving across to a mobile communications company.

Where he is, Groningen, is pretty much an IT hub in NL. Wages are high there......but so is the cost of living.

I know that each country has their own traditions, so the car in the canal might just be their way of celebrating the 100,000th mile.

I'll be looking it up (Groningen) in a bit. Thanks for that info :thumb:.

I am guessing that the cost of living is going to be a bit on the tricky side, but software developers shouldn't struggle too much -no more than working in this country. This country has gone to bits.

The men don't drive thier cars into the canals , it's just the women , let's have it right .