Been Liked: 1084 times

Re: Nob of the Day.......

#1921 Post by MarkW » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:46 pm

onesea wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:53 pm
mikestrivens wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:42 pm
bast*rds. Bet they didn’t stop either.
I did not state that, its just a given these days isn't it? If you did not see it, it did not happen.
When we moved up here from Suffolk 12 years ago I pranged a car at the end of the street as I was trying to get the transit van round the back of the terraces. It was about 3 am and nobody was about, but I left an apologetic note on the windscreen and said I'd pay for the damage. The bloke came round the next morning and just stood on the doorstep with his mouth open, not quite believing anyone would own up! I paid for the repairs and bunged him a few quid for the inconvenience, and he came round a few days later with a really nice bottle of wine as a thank you.

A few years later I had to do something similar when I royally f*cked the steering geometry on a neighbours car: he'd left the front wheels on hard left lock after reversing into a space on the road outside his house, and as I pulled out I clipped his wheel. Result? XC90 one; BMW Alpina (with its shitty aluminium steering components) nil. I got him a hire car whilst his was in for repairs, which cost me more than I'd bargained for as it turned out he had nine points on his licence! :(
"There are three basic rules of travelling. Travel on the ground. Travel alone when possible. Keep notes. That's it." – Paul Theroux

Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 BMW F650ST
Challenge Score: 10
Has Liked: 3072 times
Been Liked: 2714 times

#1922 Post by Stu » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Tango wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:12 pm
Slowlycatchymonkey wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:09 pm
Mr Fro wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:50 pm
Have I ever told you about my son?

He's 16 months old and quite big for his age. He likes running around, Peppa Pig, making noise, closing doors and pushing buttons.

A couple of days ago while Mrs wife was getting something out of the freezer, he combined two of his favorite things by turning the freezer off and then closing the door.

I found this out an hour or so ago when I went to get some meat out to defrost and noticed that everything in there had gone a bit squidgy.
Been there more times than I care to remember, got a freezer alarm in the end which was helpful, it broke a few months ago (it was very old) and yep they did it again. There’s a mountain of ice inside the damn thing now and no room for food. He’s also 16.. years not months :spank:
Yes.....we have a 21 year old that slams the freezer door, so it bounces back open slightly.... :roll:
And people wonder why I don't have kids :lol:
Don't steal!.... the government hates competition!!!

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Has Liked: 2742 times
Been Liked: 2422 times

#1923 Post by fastbob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:48 pm

The f****r who responded to my text enquiry about the size of an item for sale on Gumtree and then instantly went off the grid for the rest of the afternoon. No response to text , email or phone. There's probably an explanation but I'm still pissed off about it . While I'm at it can I nominate all these inconsiderate c***s who think it's ok to walk about in public belching out massive dense clouds of scented filth . Vaping my well be legal and it may well be much more healthy than smoking but keep your billowing, reeking fog banks to yourselves !

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Has Liked: 2742 times
Been Liked: 2422 times

#1924 Post by fastbob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:53 pm

And now I'd like to nominate myself . The guy that I previously mentioned eventually did respond and now I own a mint condition Frank Thomas all season textile jacket so all is forgiven . I drove across Coventry to collect it from the Walsgrave area but I decided to come home via the Eastern bypass and the A45 . BUT, nob head here took the wrong turning and ended up on the M6 southbound in the dark on the ER5 and had to go all the way to junction 1 at Rugby . I'm well out of practice at night driving and the journey home was interesting to say the least . I got tooted at a few times when I just couldn't make out what the dazzling lights in my mirrors were doing . Anyway I got home eventually. I think I'll take up vaping to calm my nerves .

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): Kawasaki ER6F
Challenge Score: 30
Has Liked: 416 times
Been Liked: 676 times

#1925 Post by SometimesSansEngine » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:34 pm

A historic nob but a nob nonetheless. The neanderthal of a mechanic who tightened the screws of the front sprocket cover of @Magpie84's Yamaha. Greased the threads (as I found out after removing) but then I can only assume tightened it with a bloody impact wrench or something as they were in ridiculously smug, and the screw head (which had already visually suffered enough) wasn't happy.

I noticed this last week so ordered some new ones, and today attempted to remove the ones in situ.

Even though I was MEGA CAREFUL one only just made it and the other required drilling out, and even that took a fair bit of careful effort and much swearing.
IMG_20190210_170238.jpg
The noise I made in the shed when it finally gave in can only be compared to that of an orgasm.

Luckily @Magpie84 was in the house so didn't hear and couldn't panic about the nature of the me time I was spending with the bikes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): Kawasaki ER6F
Challenge Score: 30
Has Liked: 416 times
Been Liked: 676 times

#1926 Post by SometimesSansEngine » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 am

When I was at uni, for a few years I lived a few doors down from a guy who owned a Lexus. Parked it on his drive. But hated anyone parking on the road outside his house. He'd come out of the house, saying "could you not park there please". No idea why, it's not like he had a steady stream of visitors. Maybe he just loved the view of the house opposite.

This morning I filtered back into stationary traffic five cars back from a roundabout, and had one of those drivers who gets ridiculously hurt about it. Lexus driver. Attempted to make love to my left leg all the way up to the roundabout, then was clearly itching to undercut me as we both went left.

And it got me thinking.

I've never met a Lexus driver (on the road or personally) who doesn't have a massive chip on their shoulder.

Is it because they have aspirations of owning a premium car, and the budget premium is as good as they could get?

I'm a reasonable chap so I'm sure there are some good Lexus owners out there... has anyone ever met them? Does anyone here own one and know that they are a good person?

raesewell
Bike(s): Yamaha FJR 2013
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 439 times

#1927 Post by raesewell » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 am

My wife would say the same about Audi drivers :)

BIKERDAD
Bike(s): Honda 4004..GSX250..GPZ500..CB750 .
Has Liked: 694 times
Been Liked: 246 times

#1928 Post by BIKERDAD » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:06 pm

raesewell wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 am
My wife would say the same about Audi drivers :)
BMW. MERCS..AUDI..are all the same small dicks with smaller brain ..

VOLVO drivers just brain dead ..

raesewell
Bike(s): Yamaha FJR 2013
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 439 times

#1929 Post by raesewell » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 pm

That's the Germans and the Swede's dealt with, any others ?? :D

Fozzie
Bike(s): 2013 Honda CBR600F
Has Liked: 70 times
Been Liked: 221 times

#1930 Post by Fozzie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:26 pm

The machine that built my car.

Nasty knock from the rear left developed last week. Sounded weird and wasn't a bushing/brake issue.
Pulled the lot apart and it was a top mount on the rear suspension, a bolt was just loose. Pulled it out and you could see a patchy failed smear of blue loctite on it, so obviously the machine ran out on that particular bolt. And 3 years of use shook it loose.

All tightened back up and fine now. Checked the other side, which had a liberal dose on it.

Pain in the arse :lol:
Working on bikes offers a therapy no amount of money can afford

Mickly
Bike(s): 15my Speed Triple / 1994 1200 triumph Trophy
Challenge Score: 240
Has Liked: 183 times
Been Liked: 437 times

#1931 Post by Mickly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm

The complete nob who packed my order of 4x62mm (MR011) Ramair foam pod filters for my Trophy project .... 3 fitted and looking good, 4th one wouldn’t fit ... it a smaller filter, an MR008 - gutted, I’ve just had to go through the rigmarole of having a correctly sized one shipped out and then soon there will be the faff of returning the incorrect 1.
I was very excited when the parcel arrived, that was all spoiled coz some erk couldn’t be arsed to check that they’d selected the right parts.
B63B8103-D9D8-470E-867C-D73D928E0B47.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 challenge points
Pubs: 9/10 - 90
Dealerships: 9/10 - 90
West Midlands: 6/12 - 60

Tiggie
Bike(s): Nothing :-(
Has Liked: 390 times
Been Liked: 506 times

#1932 Post by Tiggie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am

Whoever gave this advice on Facebook :roll:
I'm an idiot who puts up Christmas lights in November

Mississippi Bullfrog
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has Liked: 414 times
Been Liked: 1158 times

#1933 Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Driving today towing a trailer when I saw a BMW dealership ahead. Being wary of the kind of numpties that drive such things I moved out a bit and slowed down.

Good job I did because just as I drew level with the entrance two mechanics in huge black BMW shot out into the road without even looking. Fortunately I was to stop with a couple of inches to spare, but if hadn't pre-empted an avoidance strategy I wouldn't have had a chance.

It pays to expect the worst!
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Fozzie
Bike(s): 2013 Honda CBR600F
Has Liked: 70 times
Been Liked: 221 times

#1934 Post by Fozzie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Tiggie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am
Whoever gave this advice on Facebook :roll: